• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Mountain - Sun. 4/14/13

Rambo

Skied Gore today, Sun. 4/14/13 with Cornhead. The skiing was GREAT!! Lift tickets were $52 minus $10 if you brought a canned good to donate - so lift tickets were $42. On the way home we ate at Brooks Barbeque in Oneonta.

Gore says they will be open next weekend, 4/20 and 4/21 and pricing to be determined midweek.

A few Pics:

006.jpg

009.jpg

021.jpg

Last edited:

Cornhead

Looks awesome!! How long was the drive for you two?
Well, it's normally a three hour drive, I decided to try something different, I took the Central Bridge exit off of 88, then took rt 30 to Amsterdam. I was supposed to turn onto rt 8 before Speculator, but I went too far, all the way to Speculator. I didn't have my GPS plugged in, because my splitter sucks, my radar detector kept losing power, so I unplugged my GPS. I hooked it back up, and saw I went too far North. So, that wasted about a half hour. We left Binghamton shortly after 5, pulled into Gore at 9.

It was hard to believe it was mid-April at Gore yesterday. They got a couple inches of wet, heavy, fresh overnight that coated the trees, and skied great on top of the groomed FG. We did encounter some rain on the drive up, the roads were snow covered near Speculator. It was pretty slickery since nothing had been plowed. The sun was out when we pulled into Gore, but as the day wore on it became cloudy, any precip was in the form of flurries. High temps at the base were in the low 40's. Things firmed up a little when the sun went bye bye. Great day, we stopped at Brook's on the way home, then I found the Masters on an AM station, regular play was just finishing. I thought about stopping in a bar in Oneonta to watch the playoff, but didn't. As the radio station was fading away, I decided to get off the highway and drive down rt7 looking for a bar. We found one in Bainbridge, the rt 7 Tavern. It was perfect, got to watch the last hole of the playoff.

IMG_20130414_132530.jpg
Darby Woods, closed, but skied pretty good, lots of snow.

IMG_20130414_124413.jpg

IMG_20130414_111242.jpg

IMG_20130414_111222.jpg

IMG_20130414_111216.jpg

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Yeah, Gore was great this past weekend. No bare spots at all on the upper mountain. Trees were fantastic. Tree skiing in the east on April 14th... Awesome.

Pics:

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1366038601.935000.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1366038378.825167.jpg

Also, I wish Brook's was on my way home. Best BBQ chicken ever...

Cornhead

Looks like you had the place to yourselves.
Let's put it this way, we didn't have to pay for "premier" parking.:wink: They had a pretty good turnout for this late in the season, and the threat of rain. No waiting, even on the gondola. Yes mattchuck2, Brook's rocks, what a bargain too, tons of food for $10. I heard on the radio this morning they're catering some event here in town, might have to check that out.