• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Got Money to Invest?

Bandit2941

Yea no thanks, I sold all of my MTN the other day. I bought an equal amount of Peak and MTN about 4 years ago. When Vail bought Peak I got x4 on the Peak part of it, and now I sold the vail part for a bit more than double. I don’t see Vail making any money this year and this issuing of notes can’t be good.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yea no thanks, I sold all of my MTN the other day. I bought an equal amount of Peak and MTN about 4 years ago. When Vail bought Peak I got x4 on the Peak part of it, and now I sold the vail part for a bit more than double. I don’t see Vail making any money this year and this issuing of notes can’t be good.
Yeah, doesn't look good at all.....

BenedictGomez

A few weeks ago on here when the stock was at $283 I wrote about how I wanted to buy put options on MTN, but they're too expensive & not terribly liquid. Nevertheless I think Wall Street is underestimating what a disaster this ship looks like & the relative poor ski season we're about to have. I really think they're overestimating the positive impact of the vaccine on operations.

thetrailboss

Staff member
A few weeks ago on here when the stock was at $283 I wrote about how I wanted to buy put options on MTN, but they're too expensive & not terribly liquid. Nevertheless I think Wall Street is underestimating what a disaster this ship looks like & the relative poor ski season we're about to have. I really think they're overestimating the positive impact of the vaccine on operations.
The average person is not going to get a vaccine for at least six months. Ski season is over by then.

jimmywilson69

I should by stock so I can berate Katz and his managerial staff while saying "you work for me, make it happen!!!!"

BenedictGomez

The average person is not going to get a vaccine for at least six months. Ski season is over by then.

I think the vaccination process will move much quicker than people expect, but even if we've made significant progress by the end of 1Q21, that's at the point where the vast majority of skiers have hung it up for the season.

mlkrgr

There are a lot of better investment options available outside of Vail. Vector Vest is usually accurate & rates MTN to be way overvalued. Nothing much is going to change by when most skiers hang it up by the end of March. I think along with reduced capacity there's way more local season pass holder visits too rather than weekend or weeklong vacationer which impacts volumes. After all, if you have the savings $600 to wait for this pandemic to be on the other side and ski every day isn't a bad proposition.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Here's a thought

Instead of looking for investors, invest in the customer experience.
I saw your post to Crotched. Unfortunately John Cumming is following Vail’s lead on poor customer service and stupid parking reservations at Snowbird. I can book parking any day next week at Killington but nothing at Snowbird! That takes skill to be that stupid! 🤦‍♂️