• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Helicopter Crash Closes Snowbird's Mineral Basin

thetrailboss

Staff member
Time to buzz the tower GooseView attachment 53302
Interesting Vermont-related note as to the F-35. Senator Leahy (and back in the day Jeffords) pushed to make sure that the VTANG got the F-35 and thus remained an active air force unit. It was done to keep jobs and not have BTV become the next Plattsburgh. Well, there are some vocal far-left and NIMBY groups who have fought tooth and nail to prevent it and, now that they are here, to have them leave due to noise and because they are weapons of war.

Dickc

Time to buzz the tower GooseView attachment 53302
Maverick to tower upon returning with Iceman from downing 4 Mig-28's "Maverick requesting flyby". Tower - "Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full". Responce from Maverick. "Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle". Question from Merlin (Cougar's old backseater} "Excuse me, something I should know about?" Comment from the tower, "Goddamn that guy!"

Love that scene

BenedictGomez

Interesting Vermont-related note as to the F-35. Senator Leahy (and back in the day Jeffords) pushed to make sure that the VTANG got the F-35 and thus remained an active air force unit. It was done to keep jobs and not have BTV become the next Plattsburgh. Well, there are some vocal far-left and NIMBY groups who have fought tooth and nail to prevent it and, now that they are here, to have them leave due to noise and because they are weapons of war.

Sad to hear that fifth-generation fighter jet staging is being decided by "keeping jobs" rather than rational military staging concerns.

BenedictGomez

Love that scene

Totes Hollywood though. My oldest brother's friend was a carrier F-14 pilot circa this timeframe & said that in real life if you did that it might be the end of your career and/or you might be flying cargo jets afterwards.

djd66

Totes Hollywood though. My oldest brother's friend was a carrier F-14 pilot circa this timeframe & said that in real life if you did that it might be the end of your career and/or you might be flying cargo jets afterwards.
more like plane loads of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong :)