• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hestra Ski Cross Gloves

vdk03

3110-7010.jpg

Got these gloves from my girlfriend as an early birthday present and I couldn't be happier. This model glove is a little bit of a small glove, as in they are not bulky and do not have a massive cuff. I think they are plenty warm for skiing/riding but would probably want something a little thicker for ice fishing or nonactive sport. The gloves can be a little pricey but I think you are getting a pretty high quality product. All of the stitching is doubled up and there is nice re-enforcing in the usual problem spots (palm, knuckles, thumb, and the top of the index finger).

They came with Hestra brand leather balm, but only enough for one treatment. I use sno-seal on the rest of my leather products and was wondering if it matters if I use the Hestra balm first and then sno-seal down the road or if I should not use two different products on them?

wa-loaf

I've got a pair of the Vertical Freerides. Had them for 3 seasons now and the lining is packed out a bit, but they are still in great shape and I never bothered to treat the leather.

vdk03

Three seasons out of a pair of gloves is pretty good in book. Do you wear them for anything other than skiing?

Hawkshot99

I have that model of gloves and love them. I hate big bulky gloves, so these are great, and they keep my hands real warm.