• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

best truly waterproof outerwear and gloves?

JDMRoma

is rainX safe to use on goggle lens? I'd be afraid of damaging the coating.
seeing in the rain is bad but freezing rain where the goggles get coated with ice is the worst. and yes, I have one of those mini squeegee things
there is a RainX thats made for plastic, has been fine on my lenses

Kingslug20

Rain just makes me feel blah...
I come alive when it snows..even a little.
Same in the summer...rain on a racetrack...I'm out...

kbroderick

A little Rain X wipe on the goggle lens before starting my rain ski day has helped a bunch. It's more about convincing my brain to look past the water droplets on my goggle lens and at the terrain infront of me, and then get that I won't be skiing at max out because of the decreased visibility and more likley variable snow conditions that I could encounter
Anyone who has trouble looking past the droplets should try motorcycling in the rain. It teaches that rather well.

Between that and my OCD about wipers dragging when used too aggressively, I've been known to about passengers for waiting until it's entirely necessary to turn the wipers on in my car. I'd rather look through a bunch of droplets then have the whole view be smeared water.