• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hikers in CT/Western Mass

Bonny

Looking for anyone interested in hiking in Connecticut or Western Mass. If anyone has any suggestions for good hikes in this area, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike P.

My schedule is all full but the South Taconic area on the CT/MA/NY border is the best IMO South of NH & the Adirondacks. Map can be obtained from EMS among other places.

Talisman

I like hiking the trails around Greylock, good views, long hikes and now that the auto road is shutdown for awhile a quieter summit. There are some very good loop hikes that are a good work out and allow for views of the valley, water falls and other peaks.

Mike P.

I agree, greylock is a nice area too. If you can go when the road is closed (when not being repaired - late fall, winter - open for snowmobiles & XC Skiers - & early Spring) it is quite peaceful

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
The South Taconic Trail, along the tri-state border area, is a very nice hike. Another great one is the AT from the CT border northward. Both offer plenty of ledges and open (grassy but not tree-d over) summits with beautiful views and enough mileage and vertical to satisfy.