• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much rain?

RISkier

How much rain are the mountains getting. Selfishly I'm especially interested in places more proximate to me (places like Wachusett, Crotched, Sunapee) cause I'm hoping for a day trip this weekend. That said, I'm generally interested in hearing how all the mountains are faring the next few days.

I decided I wouldn't start the official 2006 Presidents Day storm thread :roll: .

thetrailboss

Staff member
RISkier said:
I decided I wouldn't start the official 2006 Presidents Day storm thread :roll: .

And we thank you for it... :lol:

I'm not so sure about Sunapee opening on Friday given that it is still raining here in the Upper Valley :-?

Sky

Started out as freezing rain @ lake Winnepesaukee according to my brother. Rain there now.

Raining like mad off and on here in Natick, MA

I'm too sad to even think "what if this were snow?"

:cry:

Breeze

Pinkham Notch Weather 11/22/05

Very Icky KaKa is how a certain Auto Road Warrior I'll not name would describe the weather most of the day in Pinkham. Lots of it and all of it wet. NCP, FNCP, CP of the ball bearing type, changing to the huge cottonball snowflakes around 3. The temps are remarkably homogenous from 2000 ft down to the Andy Valley, hovering right around freezing ( 30 to 33. Needless to say, scratch snowmaking until the mercury drops. I know there will be snowmakers ready to rock Thursday night, depending on what Mother Nature tosses. I never did hear a summit report today, don't think anyone got up top at Wildcat.

As of 5 P in West Bethel, its a mix one minute, all NCP the next, and fat flakes the next.

As for the Wild Kitty, you'll have to watch the website Thursday ( afternoon to evening) for the Weekend Schedule Update. All employees are " home waiting for the phone " on Thursday for Friday.

In all honesty, it is entirely in the hands of Mother Nature right now. Please, don't PM me for "inside scoop" because there isn't any inside scoop tonight, not even a SWAG. If there is a change in that tomorrow, I'll post, and if I get a wonderful phone call Thursday, I'll post it here, too.

Breeze

awf170

Re: Pinkham Notch Weather 11/22/05

Breeze said:
I know there will be snowmakers ready to rock Thursday night, depending on what Mother Nature tosses. I never did hear a summit report today, don't think anyone got up top at Wildcat.

why not wednesday night?
map_lotmpf_night2_3usne_enus_600x405.jpg