• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Huh? Snow? - Overnight Jan 30th - WOAH!!!

2knees

the mrg weather blog is very encouraging this morning.

and two days later it shits the bed.

this season sucks. Yeah, i know, there are plenty of people who say it is what you make it and that's all fine and good but in my opinion this season sucks regardless of what you make it.

ScottySkis

this season sucks. Yeah, i know, there are plenty of people who say it is what you make it and that's all fine and good but in my opinion this season sucks regardless of what you make it.
His forecast for cold is good

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
That Coles Pond pic is encouraging however it is still way behind...

Coles Pond Feb 24, 2009
colespond_022409.jpg

2knees

It sounds like they owe you now....

:lol: I'm not that self centered. Just sick of the weather. People at work today skipping around today delighting in the lack of winter. Normally I'll roll with it, i enjoy the warmth too but not at a complete exclusion of winter.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
:lol: I'm not that self centered. Just sick of the weather. People at work today skipping around today delighting in the lack of winter. Normally I'll roll with it, i enjoy the warmth too but not at a complete exclusion of winter.

I've started a new retort. "Weather's Pretty nice,huh?" or "Nice and warm out there". To which I say, "Yeah, that's too bad."
Dead silence, then a reply of something like, "oh yeah, you're a skier, huh?"

I learned that the hard way. You have to stand up for your values. It took me 25 years of just smiling and putting up with hot beach vacations with a tacit smile and no positive response. I'm a bit slow. :(

The most cruel form of punishment would be locking me on a cruise ship for a week.

I finally came out and said that I really dislike summer. Now I finally get some consideration. No support, just recognition. They finally understand why I'm not that thrilled about an all-expense paid vacation to somewhere without snow.

I drive them crazy when it gets up to forty and I say, "it sure it getting hot". or when they say it's getting too cold, I say it's getting nice.

Pretty soon there will be no more weather discussions. Ahem..

Hey, you have to stand up for what you believe in.:snow:

ScottySkis

O
I've started a new retort. "Weather's Pretty nice,huh?" or "Nice and warm out there". To which I say, "Yeah, that's too bad."
Dead silence, then a reply of something like, "oh yeah, you're a skier, huh?"

I learned that the hard way. You have to stand up for your values. It took me 25 years of just smiling and putting up with hot beach vacations with a tacit smile and no positive response. I'm a bit slow. :(

The most cruel form of punishment would be locking me on a cruise ship for a week.

I finally came out and said that I really dislike summer. Now I finally get some consideration. No support, just recognition. They finally understand why I'm not that thrilled about an all-expense paid vacation to somewhere without snow.

I drive them crazy when it gets up to forty and I say, "it sure it getting hot". or when they say it's getting too cold, I say it's getting nice.

Pretty soon there will be no more weather discussions. Ahem..

Hey, you have to stand up for what you believe in.:snow:

So true i do but most of my coworkers know if they want accurate weather for cold or warm weekend they usually ask me i quite proud of getting one intern who ski west before to try Platty this winter

ALLSKIING

Staff member

I have found him to do that type of thing a bunch this year but to his defense its been a tough winter to call. Last Friday at the bush everybody was calling for rain during the day and not much snow the night before.. was not looking or sounding good......well they got 6 inches up top no rain and conditions were very good....Ya just don't know until you go!

2knees

I have found him to do that type of thing a bunch this year but to his defense its been a tough winter to call. Last Friday at the bush everybody was calling for rain during the day and not much snow the night before.. was not looking or sounding good......well they got 6 inches up top no rain and conditions were very good....Ya just don't know until you go!

I dont blame him or any other weather person. Hope i wasnt giving that impression. Just pissed that what seemed so promising only 2 days ago is basically gone. I was poised to use some sick days next week.

WinnChill

I've been just as frustrated with the medium to long term data suggesting one thing and doing the complete opposite, so I can empathize with him as well. Although, for last Friday's event, I Hope you're not broadbrushing it too much to suggest everyone was saying rain. To be fair, we had half a foot for N VT with SB right at the mixing line with a shade under half a foot (2-5" I believe)--luckily the precip ended just as the mixing line was approaching them. Probably splitting hairs--just sayin. But I hear what you're saying--at this point, you just gotta go. What happens, happens. Heck, I'm simply heading out tomorrow no matter what today does to the conditions.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I've been just as frustrated with the medium to long term data suggesting one thing and doing the complete opposite, so I can empathize with him as well. Although, for last Friday's event, I Hope you're not broadbrushing it too much to suggest everyone was saying rain. To be fair, we had half a foot for N VT with SB right at the mixing line with a shade under half a foot (2-5" I believe)--luckily the precip ended just as the mixing line was approaching them. Probably splitting hairs--just sayin. But I hear what you're saying--at this point, you just gotta go. What happens, happens. Heck, I'm simply heading out tomorrow no matter what today does to the conditions.
Your forecast was pretty much right on for Friday. There was from what I remember a calling for some rain during the day and that happened around 4:30 or so which made the day fantastic! That was a tough one to call and you pretty much nailed it....Thanks again!

WinnChill

Your forecast was pretty much right on for Friday. There was from what I remember a calling for some rain during the day and that happened around 4:30 or so which made the day fantastic! That was a tough one to call and you pretty much nailed it....Thanks again!

Ah, ok. Thanks! Glad it worked out as decent as possible for what we had that day. :beer:

BenedictGomez

That poor guy's had a rough time of predicting the weather this season. I almost feel as bad for him as I do for us.