• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm not giving up!

Greg

Staff member
What a crazy week last week. Many ski areas shut down last Sunday, and then NNE gets whalloped and there is more coolness and even frozen precip in the forecast. Jiminy is hinting at reopening on Friday. I've just got to find one or two more days in me...

loafer89

Then get you'r butt in gear and drive up to Sugarloaf.:razz: The way that you ski bumps you would be in heaven on Gondi-Line, Bubblecuffer, Winters Way, Spillway, and not to forget about Misery Whip.

The snow last weekend at Saddleback was as good as it was in Colorado, and that's saying alot about how stellar the conditions are.

tcharron

What a crazy week last week. Many ski areas shut down last Sunday, and then NNE gets whalloped and there is more coolness and even frozen precip in the forecast. Jiminy is hinting at reopening on Friday. I've just got to find one or two more days in me...

Not sure where it came from, but Killington is reporting 9 new inches of snow in the last 24 hours. :) Sunday River's going to be good to go this weekend as well from the sound of it, plus the new snow hopefully this week.

Greg

Staff member
Then get you'r butt in gear and drive up to Sugarloaf.:razz: The way that you ski bumps you would be in heaven on Gondi-Line, Bubblecuffer, Winters Way, Spillway, and not to forget about Misery Whip.

I wish. Additional overnights aren't going to happen this season though...

reefer

Not sure where it came from, but Killington is reporting 9 new inches of snow in the last 24 hours. :) Sunday River's going to be good to go this weekend as well from the sound of it, plus the new snow hopefully this week.

It was a freak blizzard in the greenies yesterday. I skied in moderate to heavy accumulating snowfall all day yesterday at Mt. Snow. And it was coming down when we left. When I saw the radar loop yesterday it was amazing how the snow just hovered from Snow to Killington. Had the same phenom on Thursday at Sugarbush, picked up 4-5" Thursday, 10 miles down the road - nothing!

tcharron

It was a freak blizzard in the greenies yesterday. I skied in moderate to heavy accumulating snowfall all day yesterday at Mt. Snow. And it was coming down when we left. When I saw the radar loop yesterday it was amazing how the snow just hovered from Snow to Killington. Had the same phenom on Thursday at Sugarbush, picked up 4-5" Thursday, 10 miles down the road - nothing!

Hehe. Ok, who's been sacrificing the chickens? :razz:

loafer89

Even though my body aches in places that it has not in years from all the skiing last week, the worst part of the trip was leaving all of that beautiful snowcover in Maine.

Now I have to contend with bare ground, yuck, and this fuzzy green stuff sprouting out of the ground in some spots, hold me I''m scared:razz:

Feeling faint, must drive north fast.

Greg

Staff member
"Jiminy will not operate midweek and plan to re-open on Friday for the weekend, weather permitting. "

Right. I Emailed my contact and she confirmed this is the plan and based on the forecast looks promising.

MikeTrainor

hitting wildcat on Sunday...

As long as snow is on the trails, and a lift is turning there is more skiing to be done!

Wildcat was great last weekend, mid winter conditions. I plan on Sugarbush this weekend, I think this may be it for me.

Greg

Staff member
Jiminy now says it's reopening on Thursday:

Re-opening Thursday-Sunday 9 am - 4 pm thanks to a late season snow storm headed our way! They are calling for 5-9 inches of new snow Wednesday night. Come out and enjoy one last weekend of fabulous skiing & riding!

JimG.

Staff member
Wildcat was great last weekend, mid winter conditions. I plan on Sugarbush this weekend, I think this may be it for me.

So, we stayed at the Golden Lion at the same time in March, yet never met up.

Now I find out you were at Wildcat this past week also...I was there Thurs-Sat.

You are one tough AZer to hook up with.

Breeze

pffft Jim G, if you and your kids hadn't skiied long and strong with a mere 10 minute lunch break, I coulda and woulda introduced you to Mike T. Late in BOTH your days Saturday you were within about 3 feet of each other, on the south side of the lodge, breaking down for the day. I couldn't leave what I was doing to press hands, but honestly, Jim, you were close enough to Mike to trade socks.

If Mike T is reading this, the strikingly handsome family seated next to you Saturday afternoon with 3 boys ages 12 down to 4 YO and their stunningly beautiful Mom were the JimG clan.
Breeze

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
pffft Jim G, if you and your kids hadn't skiied long and strong with a mere 10 minute lunch break, I coulda and woulda introduced you to Mike T. Late in BOTH your days Saturday you were within about 3 feet of each other, on the south side of the lodge, breaking down for the day. I couldn't leave what I was doing to press hands, but honestly, Jim, you were close enough to Mike to trade socks.

If Mike T is reading this, the strikingly handsome family seated next to you Saturday afternoon with 3 boys ages 12 down to 4 YO and their stunningly beautiful Mom were the JimG clan.
Breeze

Amazing.

So close, yet so far.

Glenn

I've just got to find one or two more days in me...

you-can-do-it.jpg

Chin up Greg!