• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Incredible Ski Area Panoramas (VT)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Guess who got one of these Burke Mountain photos for his wedding? You guessed it.....and it is hanging in my office right now!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thought this was a great shot of Camel's Hump.

View attachment 11417

That is indeed!

And, regrettably, Robert Lyons has closed his business. His wife developed cancer last year and passed. He decided to retire from business. I tried to get find a copy of his Monroe Skyline panorama (which would be Sugarbush and MRG) and they are gone. :(

thetrailboss

Staff member
I like this one of Cannon.View attachment 11427

Oh that is really nice. And I like where folks are going with this...keep posting them!

Snowbird-Tram.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've been spending lots of time improving my photography recently. I would love to get better at Landscapes generally. Mine just seem so ... boring. It must be composition errors.

I love looking at the pics that adventureskier / emberphoto throw up on Facebook. Always awesome.

Big Wave Dave

From the NEK- more please. Those are stunning.

Its a shame about the business and or course and especially Jane. I stopped by his place about 10 years ago to buy just that Burke print and he was a very nice person, gave me a tour of his grounds and some info on old clear cuts around Coles Pond that I used to my great advantage during grouse season.

I truly hope he is doing OK, the death of a loved one is never easy and I wish him the best.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com

C-Rex

It's very sad that his wife passed, and he's retired from the business. I'm in the process of buying a house and when I saw the first shot of Jay I immediately thought, I have to get a big, framed copy of that. The man does amazing work, it's a shame he's giving it up, but that kind of loss is understandably difficult. I hope he finds peace, and perhaps decides to continue his excellent work.