• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I've got a treat for you bacon lovers!

wa-loaf

Didn't think it possible, but found a bacon that kind of sucks. Shaws Supermarket thick cut. No real smoke to it, severely bland flavor and falls apart very easy.

I've had meh bacon before, but this one tops the list of the worst I've tried.

If I didn't have runny fried eggs and toast to eat the bacon with, I would not have ate it.

Did you remember to cook it? :razz:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've actually tried cooking it to varying degrees of doneness to see if this bacon has a sweet spot, but nope it sucks no matter how it's cooked.

maybe I'm a bit of a bacon snob :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Didn't think it possible, but found a bacon that kind of sucks. Shaws Supermarket thick cut. No real smoke to it, severely bland flavor and falls apart very easy.

I've had meh bacon before, but this one tops the list of the worst I've tried.

If I didn't have runny fried eggs and toast to eat the bacon with, I would not have ate it.

I'm gonna have to find some to see for myself. I can't fathom such a thing as bacon that's not worth eating! :eek:

bvibert

Staff member

Wait, what?? :drool:

s-BACON-WRAPPED-HOT-DOG-large300.jpg

drjeff

Haven't had that before, but I will admit to sampling a glass of bacon infused bourbon that one of my local restaurants/bars made up a few months back (the owner almost always has some "infused" type liquor that he's made up recently on the bar menu), and it was pretty tasty stuff I will say! :)

ctenidae

Haven't had that before, but I will admit to sampling a glass of bacon infused bourbon that one of my local restaurants/bars made up a few months back (the owner almost always has some "infused" type liquor that he's made up recently on the bar menu), and it was pretty tasty stuff I will say! :)

I've made the bacon bourbon before. While tasty, to be sure, it really is a novelty drink. Can't imagine having more than one.