• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I've got a treat for you bacon lovers!

bvibert

Staff member
FFEDd.jpg

Did you make that Jeff??

drjeff

Took the kids today to The Big E for the last day of the 2011 edition of this New England classic fall event. Finally got around to trying one of their wonderful bacon items that debuted a few years ago, the Craz-E-burger! A bacon cheeseburger served up on a bun made from a grilled glazed donut! Bacon, cheese, burger, and a glazed donut! Yup, it works! Now I just need to find a bottle of Lipitor to snack on to deal with the mega bump my cholesterol likely took today! :lol:

Grassi21

Took the kids today to The Big E for the last day of the 2011 edition of this New England classic fall event. Finally got around to trying one of their wonderful bacon items that debuted a few years ago, the Craz-E-burger! A bacon cheeseburger served up on a bun made from a grilled glazed donut! Bacon, cheese, burger, and a glazed donut! Yup, it works! Now I just need to find a bottle of Lipitor to snack on to deal with the mega bump my cholesterol likely took today! :lol:

We were there yesterday as well. I sampled some bacon covered in dark chocolate.

jrmagic

I do love me my bacon but I don't think I'll ever try it with dark chocolate or a glazed dounut..... give me a bcaon wrapped meatloaf though and I would eat as much as I could stuff in my face:beer:

drjeff

I do love me my bacon but I don't think I'll ever try it with dark chocolate or a glazed dounut..... give me a bcaon wrapped meatloaf though and I would eat as much as I could stuff in my face:beer:

Chocolate covered bacon is actually REALLY good, especially if you like that whole sweet/salty combo. You gotta remember though that in the case of chocolate covered bacon, your usually talking about crispy, cold bacon that is dipped in the chocolate which is then allowed to cool and you eat it candy bar style. Your not talking about the greasy, chewy, hot out of the skillet bacon (my personaly favorite type of bacon :) ) that is then drizzled with chocolate sauce and served up all knife and fork style

As for the baon cheeseburger on a glazed donut thing, while my almost 8yr old and almost 6 yr old didn't describe it much more than "this is GREAT" taste wise it really reminded me of the former Mcgriddle breakfast sandwich at Mcdonalds (basically an egg mcmuffin on french toast)

And once again I have to ask the question, "what doesn't get better with bacon??" ;) :lol:

Warp Daddy

And once again I have to ask the question, "what doesn't get better with bacon??"

Heart Attack Survivors: Doc that's what doesn't get better with Bacon

jrmagic

Chocolate covered bacon is actually REALLY good, especially if you like that whole sweet/salty combo. You gotta remember though that in the case of chocolate covered bacon, your usually talking about crispy, cold bacon that is dipped in the chocolate which is then allowed to cool and you eat it candy bar style. Your not talking about the greasy, chewy, hot out of the skillet bacon (my personaly favorite type of bacon :) ) that is then drizzled with chocolate sauce and served up all knife and fork style

As for the baon cheeseburger on a glazed donut thing, while my almost 8yr old and almost 6 yr old didn't describe it much more than "this is GREAT" taste wise it really reminded me of the former Mcgriddle breakfast sandwich at Mcdonalds (basically an egg mcmuffin on french toast)

And once again I have to ask the question, "what doesn't get better with bacon??" ;) :lol:

I see your point on the chocolate covered stuff... maybe I'll have to reconsider that one but I'm not budging on the cheeseburger thingy as it conjured up the thought of the Mcgriddles which I tried once and absolutely hated. What can I say my taste buds are messed up:grin: I love french toeast and I love an egg mcmuffin but I can't stand the taste of them together:sad:

bvibert

Staff member
I love french toeast and I love an egg mcmuffin but I can't stand the taste of them together:sad:

I agree with you about the glazed donut bacon cheeseburger, that sounds gross to me. You're statement above made me laugh because it reminded me of someone I used to work with. He'd always say; "I like peanut butter and I like chocolate, but I don't like them mixed together". That one still baffles me. Peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best combinations that mankind has ever come up with.

Anyway, back to the bacon content, I was skeptical of mixing bacon with sweets like chocolate, but it actually works really well!

jrmagic

I agree with you about the glazed donut bacon cheeseburger, that sounds gross to me. You're statement above made me laugh because it reminded me of someone I used to work with. He'd always say; "I like peanut butter and I like chocolate, but I don't like them mixed together". That one still baffles me. Peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best combinations that mankind has ever come up with.

Anyway, back to the bacon content, I was skeptical of mixing bacon with sweets like chocolate, but it actually works really well!

I think peanut butter and chocolate might be the ninth wonder of the world with bacon of course taking the #8 spot.