• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jack Frost..1/17..PASR day..

Hey All,

I'm back from an uber-fun PASR day at Jack Frost with alot of AZers in the house as well. When I left Allentown at 720AM, it was a brisk 1 degree but by the time I was near Jack Frost..the temperature had plummeted to 13 below zero. I arrived around 810AM at Jack Frost and I parked right next to Moe Ghoul. I put my boots on outside my car but didn't buckle them until I got into the lodge. I secured my free ticket and a few minutes later Atomic Jeff arrived. We first skied down one park which had mini-booters and squeaky slow cordoroy..that trail was definitely too flat to have any fun on so we made our way over to the east mountain via Thunderbolt and took a few runs on Floyds Folly and Lightning. Pretty nice snow and not to many people. We then made our way back to Exhibition for the 10AM PASR meet-up. In the house were Sexkitten, BobLikesCats, Melissa, ThinkSnow Greg, Gregs buddy, PARidgeRacer and Phillycore..along with me, A-Jeff, Moe Gohl, Barb, and Barbs son. Sorry if I missed anybody. We took some fun group runs and made our way over to Floyds folly to test out Gregs new radar gun.

The first run I was 45mph and A-Jeff was 48mph..then after a few others did their speed runs..two patrollers told us that bombing the trail was not allowed and they need to see some turns. Nobody is gonna tell me how I should ski on an Expert Black Diamond run. So we decided to do another speed run again and this time Atomic Jeff hit 53mph..he's an aerodynamic mo-fo. By this time my feet were starting to become frozen and we all went into the lodge for lunch. Atomic-Jeff went home to smoke some meat..lol..Moe Ghoul brought me soup, a steezy Italian hoagie, chips, and a soda..a pretty decent trade for the voucher I gave him. Amazing that on a holiday weekend Saturday we found a table where 10+ people could have lunch together. Librider chilled with us for a few minutes as well and he said TTC6 was in the house lapping One Park.

After lunch Librider pointed TTC6 to me..and I followed him down one-park..he used the lips onto rails as jumps which is bad smartstyle. He seemed totally uninterested in riding with any of us..so then it was back to Floyds folly for one more speed run. I also followed PARidgeRacer into some glades and earlier skied right under the East mountain double. The woods just barely have enough coverage but there are snowsnakes lurking right below the surface. As the afternoon progressed clouds moved in and it still felt really cold. We all called it a day around 145PM. Moe Ghoul hooked me up with a Long Trail Blackberry wheat in the parking lot and just as I was about to open it..I got a call from Melissa that her, Sexkitten and Bob were doing the Apres-Ski thing in the 2000 Lounge. So I joined them for a few drinks..a Jack Frost Ale and a Bacardi drink rum punch that Bob likes cats scored for me. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed there were some people on the dancefloor and as some of you know, I like to bust a move so I went on the dance floor and grilled up some steeze as the band played Play That Funky Music Whiteboy. Then at around 320PM..it was time to head back home..with the temperature hovering around 10 degrees.

It was fun getting to ski with alot of PASRs and AZers...and meeting some PASRs for the first time including PARidgeRacer who got to hear me bust a mediocre freestyle on the lift. Props to all those who braved the coldest morning of the season to help make today so much fun..

Last edited:
A few additional notes from this day.

The ski patrollers at Jack Frost never yelled at me personally..but I needed to hear what happened closer so I skated back up the hill. The thing is that we all called each others turn/drop...made sure the slope was clear..and generally except for BobLikesCatz heroics..stayed in the middle of the trail. I think the ski patroller said somebody could eat bark or wood or something. If I can go 44-47mph on the last pitch of Floyds folly..pretty much standing up with 4 layers and a balaclava flapping in the breeze..on slow snow and dry ski bases..it makes me maybe want to prepare better for the next PASR day..and A-Jeff was on 165s..so ski length doesn't matter much..I think i could have hit 35 on snowlerblades..Radar gun was a hit!!! We like our stats..

The Lodge..pretty freaking nice...and today was crowded and there was still room..and a few people blocking staircases doesn't faze me..I hate walking up and down slippery steps in ski boots. Getting my ticket was a breeze..like boomp ta-dal..and as instructed I put my lift ticket on in the lodge..great marketing because it smelled like Blueberry muffins..later replaced by the feet and french frys combo..

Lifts..they're slow..but they don't stop much..

Terrain..I'll definitely put 300 vert of East Mountain up against the Northface at Sno..good carving..similar to the Blue's at Jackson Hole but 1/8th the length..I enjoyed the woods and the free for all aspect of the terrain and I can understand why Jordan enjoys Jack frost so much.

Parking..very good..

In the words of Arnold the Governator..I'll be Back..