• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Just bought my first season pass!

Skimaine

Lower stress and more ski days for all the reason others mentioned. We found when we were day tripping we would head to the mountain on what looked like marginal days only to find-out the weather and conditions were great. We found it double the number of days we were skiing.

vcunning

from the website:
Passholder benefits include:
  • First Tracks early lift access - valid passes only on Saturdays

Jay - contgrats on the pass!

First Tracks is my favorite benefit. It's really two runs with Mount Snow management before the lifts open. But get there early. If you're not in line at 7:30, you've missed the opportunity.

Great for both blue sky and POW days! Also a good way to meet Mount Snow management.

4aprice

First Tracks is my favorite benefit. It's really two runs with Mount Snow management before the lifts open. But get there early. If you're not in line at 7:30, you've missed the opportunity.

Great for both blue sky and POW days! Also a good way to meet Mount Snow management.

As a pass holder at Camelback we get the first hour 7:30 to 8:30 AM weekends for pass holders only. Quite a few runs can be yo-yo'd in that time.

Another perk we get is an end of the season pass holders party thrown by the mountain that is a really good time.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ERJ-145CA

Congrats, I remember my first pass, I was so happy to get it, I loved that pass. I'm getting all misty eyed now. Seriously it's great having a pass, you just go to the lift and ski.

teleo

The flexibility a pass allows is great. Some of the best days are what I call "season pass days" - those days when nobody goes out because they think it is going to be lousy, but the weather changes and it turns out to be great. You look around and realize that there is a huge percentage of pass holders on those days.

MommaBear

For us, having passes meant less stress and more flexibility. When purchasing day tickets for 3 kids, the pressure was on to have them (and us) on the slopes from lift open till lift close to get our money's worth. Now if the teenager wants to start late or the youngest wants to quit early, its not such a big deal. Not to mention the shorter day trips - put the kids on the bus in CT, drive to VT, ski till 3, back home to put dinner on the table. And I had one absolutely awesome 1 hour on the Ego Alley bumps (spring 2008 ) at 3 pm on a beautiful bluebird Saturday afternoon thanks to my pass. Had arrived in VT later than expected and would NEVER have purchased a ticket for the 1 hour. But with the pass, I parked the car quick, threw on my boots and jumped on the lift to total bliss. Weather was crap the next day but I was flying high on that one hour the day before.

And having a place local just adds to the benefit. The teenager can catch the Moover to the mountain if he missed the family wagon cuz he slept in. And he and his brother can hang in the grommet park after we've called it a day and take the Moover back. We hit more powder days because we were physically in VT when it hit, rather than trying to decide if the roads will be safe enough to come up from CT.

All around, life is good with season passes and a place in VT. :-D

Glenn

For us, having passes meant less stress and more flexibility. When purchasing day tickets for 3 kids, the pressure was on to have them (and us) on the slopes from lift open till lift close to get our money's worth. Now if the teenager wants to start late or the youngest wants to quit early, its not such a big deal. Not to mention the shorter day trips - put the kids on the bus in CT, drive to VT, ski till 3, back home to put dinner on the table. And I had one absolutely awesome 1 hour on the Ego Alley bumps (spring 2008 ) at 3 pm on a beautiful bluebird Saturday afternoon thanks to my pass. Had arrived in VT later than expected and would NEVER have purchased a ticket for the 1 hour. But with the pass, I parked the car quick, threw on my boots and jumped on the lift to total bliss. Weather was crap the next day but I was flying high on that one hour the day before.

And having a place local just adds to the benefit. The teenager can catch the Moover to the mountain if he missed the family wagon cuz he slept in. And he and his brother can hang in the grommet park after we've called it a day and take the Moover back. We hit more powder days because we were physically in VT when it hit, rather than trying to decide if the roads will be safe enough to come up from CT.

That sums it up nicely! Very well put!

jaywbigred

Nice stoke! Looking forward to it!

vonski

Passes definitely add to the ski count. Especially after freeze thaw and your staying at the mountain. Why not go!! my day counts went from the mid twenties to no less than 40 with a pass. Especially with the price of Mt. Ellen passes.

jaywbigred

Guys, can you show up to any lift prior to 7:30 or is there a designated lift? Why can't I find this info on the website? I feel like an idiot! Also, not in love with new website design.

mlctvt

Guys, can you show up to any lift prior to 7:30 or is there a designated lift? Why can't I find this info on the website? I feel like an idiot! Also, not in love with new website design.

Grand Summit Express Lift, Saturdays only.

Glenn

You hitting the slopes this weekend Jay? If so, you guys picked a good one!

drjeff

Grand Summit Express Lift, Saturdays only.

First Tracks normally doesn't start for another week or 2 - generally the weekend before x-mas most years and goes through passholder appreciation weekend most years which is mid-march.

Be there clicked in ready to go at 7:30.00 seconds, or else too bad. It's all about 1/2 hour and getting 2 runs in(and no 99% of the time you CAN'T join up for run #2 if you were late for run #1) - and you ski the trail that the admin(s) who are leading it that day decide(atleast for the 1st run - although sometimes on powder days they'll cut you loose down the main face for run #2 )

jaywbigred

You hitting the slopes this weekend Jay? If so, you guys picked a good one!

Actually, my gf and 2 of her lady friends are going up. I will be stuck at home studying for an LL.M. exam. Ugh. Being in school is getting so old.

First Tracks normally doesn't start for another week or 2 - generally the weekend before x-mas most years and goes through passholder appreciation weekend most years which is mid-march.

Be there clicked in ready to go at 7:30.00 seconds, or else too bad. It's all about 1/2 hour and getting 2 runs in(and no 99% of the time you CAN'T join up for run #2 if you were late for run #1) - and you ski the trail that the admin(s) who are leading it that day decide(atleast for the 1st run - although sometimes on powder days they'll cut you loose down the main face for run #2 )

Thanks for the info Doc, good to know. Not exactly what I envisioned, but I guess its better than nothing.