• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 04/15/06 TR and Pics

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Date(s) Skied: 04/15/06​

Resort or Ski Area: Killington​

Conditions: Spring Conditions​

The season is winding down quick, however there was still some nice spring conditions this past weekend. Saturday was a great day for nice soft spring bumps. Just about every trail on the hill had these. Some of the trails we skied were;​

Upper Double Dipper - Very thin cover, this was closed on Sunday
East Fall - Great cover and bumps on both Upper and Lower
Down Draft - More sweet soft bumps, good cover
Panic Button/Needles - Bumps and good cover
Super Star - Bumps, hard to believe how much this changed from last weeks groomer.
Outer Limits - Unfortunetly I didn't try this run, some Zoners did. What a shame, this trail looks like it still has the best snow on the mountain. If I have a chance I will try this next weekend.​

Saturday my wife twisted her knee and as a result couldn't ski on Sunday. Sunday I only did a couple of runs in the Canyon area. Overnight temps went down to freezing and it actually snowed a bit. Did Cascade, very firm but edgable. Lower East fall, the same. And then took Great Northern to Chute and to the car. It's a shame on Sunday they groomed the crap out of every trail and didn't do a very good job of it. Obviusly Killington has cut back on groomers and it appeared that they didn't have a second one take a pass to groom after the first. As a result there were a lot of traks left by the groomer, with death cookies a plenty. Anyway, don't see the Gondola lasting longer then next week, if it makes it that long. Super Star may be good until May.​

Pics can be found at http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=35 WARNING!!!!!! They are not pretty :(

Last edited:

2knees

andyzee said:
[ Super Star may be good until May.

I'd be shocked bro, if it made it till may. There is nothing under middle ss but 4 or 5 inches of ice. Its gonna rot out this week if you ask me.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
2knees said:
I'd be shocked bro, if it made it till may. There is nothing under middle ss but 4 or 5 inches of ice. Its gonna rot out this week if you ask me.

That's true, the middle section will go quick, but that's happened at least the last few year that I have been up there. The rest should last for at least a couple of weeks.

redalienx11

Website
www.alaskamountainguides.com
andyzee said:
OK, fill us in, which pic?

http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10002/P4150023.JPG

The second snowgun from the bottom cuts some guy in half at the waist. I'm pretty sure it's me. I stayed on Superstar most of the morning but then I got tired of the crowds/racers so I decided to check out the music and move on to different trails. Aside from the brief rain it was an awesome day!

BeanoNYC

redalienx11 said:

The second snowgun from the bottom cuts some guy in half at the waist. I'm pretty sure it's me. I stayed on Superstar most of the morning but then I got tired of the crowds/racers so I decided to check out the music and move on to different trails. Aside from the brief rain it was an awesome day!

That's a snowgun? I just thought you were excited to be skiing under bluebird skies! :wink: ..... Sorry folks, I couldn't resist.:-o

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
redalienx11 said:

I tried zooming in on a higher res copy of that pic, but it's still hard to make out. Yeah, you're right it was awesome. When the rain came we were already in the parking lot enjoying a BBQ :)