• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/24-11/25 TR and Pics

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Date(s) Skied:Nov 24th and 25th, 2005

Resort or Ski Area:Killington

Conditions: A ton of fresh powder with some manmade thrown in, groomed and ungroomed trails'

Trip Report:

It's unbelievable how quickly things can change in Killington. Just last weekend in my trip report I stated the weekend sucked, and I still stand by that. Just 4 day later Killington recieves 10" of snow followed by another 9" the next day.

There was fresh powder to be found all over the mountain. There was a fear of large crowds on Friday, but either those crowds didn't show up or they were really spread out by the large amount of open terrain. Killington had 50 trails open by Friday.

Thanksgiving day there were no crowds to speak of, conditions were good everywhere we went. Since it is the beginning of the season we started out with some of the easier runs. Great Northern off of Killington Peak to the North Ridge area, Rime had some dynomite cover, plenty of fresh powder to be found on skiers left right under the lift. One area we normally don't ski too much are the runs off the Snowdon Poma, this weekend they were great. Plenty of powder on Bunny Buster and Mouse Run and the best part, no people!

Later on we headed over to the Chute which was deceivingly bumped up. You couldn't see the bumps from the lift, they were large bumps. But when I took of from the top, I found my self airborne a number of time! :)

Thursday night it snowed so much we had trouble driving from Killington down to Rutland, whiteout conditions, couldn't drive faster then 5 mph! Friday we did a lot of the same runs and threw Highline and Vagabond into the mix, Vagabond was a treat. We heard a Zoner announce over the radio a number of times that Vagabond was awesome, we headed over to find that he was not kidding. Knee deep fresh powder down the whole trail. This was about 9:30 am, we were told that it would probably get skied off late in the day. We went back at about 1:30, it was still "awesome" ! Overall a great two days of skiing, hope this is an indication of what the rest of the season wil be like! Pics can be found at http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=-16

Vortex

8 days out 2 at the River 3 at Waterville 3 at Loon. I'll get over to K. Just doing the family thing. Work is real busy. Not been posting anywhere much.