• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/4

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, I know it's a stretch, but figured I'd put it out there anyway. Doubt very much that Killington will have lifts running this Saturday, but regardless, I plan on being there for now. If lifts are running, great. If they aren't running, me an V will be hiking. Anyone else interested?

Greg

Staff member
10/4?

OK, I know it's a stretch, but figured I'd put it out there anyway. Doubt very much that Killington will have lifts running this Saturday, but regardless, I plan on being there for now. If lifts are running, great. If they aren't running, me an V will be hiking. Anyone else interested?

Opening on October 4 would be amazing! ;)

I agree that Saturday would be a stretch, but Sunday? Maybe...

Vortex

Sunday I'll be there if the lifts are spinning. I have your cell Andy still. I have a condo meeting Sat. Only chance would be BW on Sat afternoon. I have been planning on K for Sunday since the rumours stated weeked about the 5th opening weeks ago. Lets hope.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Sunday I'll be there if the lifts are spinning. I have your cell Andy still. I have a condo meeting Sat. Only chance would be BW on Sat afternoon. I have been planning on K for Sunday since the rumours stated weeked about the 5th opening weeks ago. Lets hope.

I'd love to join you on Sunday, but have to be back in Jersey. :(

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'm thinking about hiking for turns somewhere on Saturday and/or Sunday. I need my fellow AZers to direct me to the best snow within 3.5 hours of Woodstock, CT though.

I am only here to mooch off the knowledge of others, after all.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'm thinking about hiking for turns somewhere on Saturday and/or Sunday. I need my fellow AZers to direct me to the best snow within 3.5 hours of Woodstock, CT though.

I would suggest you don't go to Killington. Hate to have you ruin another video :)

awf170

Jay Peak on Sunday. We could link up for the drive.

awf170

Hmm.... thinking about it.

That's a solid 5.5 hours and probably 1.5 tanks of gas though. I usually have never considered that to be a day trip.

It is 1.5 tanks of gas if you do it the wrong way. The right way is for you to drive to Manchester, then get a ride with me, then jam into Steve's car in St. Johnsbury for the last hour of the drive. Seriously though, I wouldn't mind picking you up in Manchester and driving the rest of the way. As long as I have someone to talk to I'm fine with driving, heck I even drove 6 hours by myself yesterday.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
It is 1.5 tanks of gas if you do it the wrong way. The right way is for you to drive to Manchester, then get a ride with me, then jam into Steve's car in St. Johnsbury for the last hour of the drive. Seriously though, I wouldn't mind picking you up in Manchester and driving the rest of the way. As long as I have someone to talk to I'm fine with driving, heck I even drove 6 hours by myself yesterday.

Heh, alright, that would work, but a key part of your plan hasn't chimed in yet. I wouldn't mind driving to St. Johnsbury either, but other than paying for his gas I don't know Steve has much reason to drive my stinky ass anywhere...

:dunce:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
But this weekend that stuff could be all gone...

I'm sure riverc0il will give me crap for posting a forcast, but here you go, with the exception of today, don't look too bad. I plan on being in Killington Saturday, if things still look good in Stowe may take a ride up there. Otherwise, hoping Killington starts making snow tomorrow as planned.

Today
Oct 31

PM Showers55°/39°30%
blank.gif
55°F
http://www.weather.com/outlook/even...when=thisweek&attrib=WXSE&from=tenday_trigger

Wed
Nov 1

Partly Cloudy47°/27°10%
blank.gif
47°F

Thu
Nov 2

30.gif
Partly Cloudy44°/26°10%
blank.gif
44°F

Fri