• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 4/25

Greg

Staff member
Nice day! Glad we came up. Partly sunny and 50+. Supe was groomed in the middle. Ghey! Still looks like plenty of bumps on upper/mid ovation and skyehawk ir lark or whatever it is....

mediamogul

Nice day. Soft snow. Bumps everywhere. Downdraft was in good shape. Did Upper/Middle Ovation to Lower Superstar a few times. Upper Needle's Eye and Lower Vertigo was good too. Conclusion was awesome, big soft bumps with some good lines. A few rain showers but well worth it! Great Northern next to the Snowdon Quad there was a gap in the snow had to take off my skis and walk it. Haven't done that in a while. A truly spring-skiing experience.

bvibert

Staff member
Great day today! Not quite epic, but an awesome way to end my season. We met up with Shredder of Gnar and Ozzy for a bunch of runs. Nice to ski with you guys again.

The snow was really soft and the sun even made a few appearances, enough to give me a pretty good sunburn on my face. The last time I skied was almost a month ago, so it took me most of the day to get any sort of my groove back, unfortunately by then my legs were pretty shot.

powhunter

Glad the rain held off for you guys, and ya had a good time!!! I had so much stuff to do around the house...and the weather looked iffy up there..Guess I missed the boat!

steveo

Greg

Staff member
Middle Ovation improved a lot throughout the day. Tons of GS bumps on it early and most other places. Lower Supe sides had decent lines that got rutted. Skyehawk was nice early and got gnarley quick too. Vertigo had the best lines, but not much of it. Lower 'Lark was pretty nice too.

Yep. fun times and I left Killington today content with my ski season.

bvibert

Staff member
The only problem I have with skiing Killington yesterday is this killer sunburn I got on my face and neck. Aside from it being somewhat uncomfortable, it really blows my cover after calling in 'sick' to work yesterday... :lol:

Cornhead

The only problem I have with skiing Killington yesterday is this killer sunburn I got on my face and neck. Aside from it being somewhat uncomfortable, it really blows my cover after calling in 'sick' to work yesterday...

I feel your pain, I just spent four days in a row skiing, of course I forgot sunblock, and once I was burnt, figured screw it. I've got one funky looking burn, stops at my forehead, nothing around my eyes, red neck. Think my mustache got bleached out pretty good too, or is it just gray? The wet snow I was skiing in Saturday sure felt good on my face though. Could have used some lip balm also, cracked and bloody, put Vaseline on them when I got home. Luckily I can show my burn off at work tomorrow with no repercussions. I did call in "sick" while on top of the mountain. "Where are you?" "I'm on top of a mountain in Maine." "Are you hiking?" "No skiing" "Skiing?" At the end of April, surely you jest. It did seem weird to me to see flowers blooming in the front yard when I got home after seeing snow on the side of the road in Maine. They just put us on work-share, I must take one day a week off. I knew I wasn't going to make it home till the wee hours, could have worked, but it would have been a bitch.