• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington this weekend: All for One or Lift Ticket

Killington this weekend: A41 or Lift Ticket?

• A41

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lift Ticket

• Skied Wildcat

• Didn't ski... :(

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
For those of you that skied Killington this weekend, do you have an A41 pass or did you buy a lift ticket?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Prediction: a wide majority of those who vote will say A41. Granted our pool is skewed and not a representative sample, but the hesitancy of the resort to open was because they would sell few day tickets and thus make little or no money. This is the downside of a season-pass driven market. Wildcat, on the other hand, probably had more day ticket sales because they are in a different market and to be honest I don't know much about their pass programs.

Either way, if you went, you were lucky.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Granted our pool is skewed and not a representative sample
a really good point trailboss. we have a lot of hard core skiers on here that will buck up for a day ticket to ski kmart even though they don't normally ski there. i suspect if the same survey was given at the lifts at kmart, the results would lean a lot more heavily towards A41. just my guess though.

thetrailboss

Staff member
riverc0il said:
Granted our pool is skewed and not a representative sample
a really good point trailboss. we have a lot of hard core skiers on here that will buck up for a day ticket to ski kmart even though they don't normally ski there. i suspect if the same survey was given at the lifts at kmart, the results would lean a lot more heavily towards A41. just my guess though.

VERY good point :idea: I was actually thinking that we have a lot of A41 people in here, but your point works as well.

Tyrolean_skier

Having been present on Opening Day at Killington, I can attest that there were many passholders but there were also a lot of people with day tickets. I asked a few and they told me that they do not regularly ski Killington but were there because it was opening day.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
definitely not enough without snow making. i suspect the date may be pushed back but we'll have to see what the temps do this week and if the dew point coorporates even if the temps get down to good levels for a night or two.