• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington to re-open before Mt. Snow...

tjf67

When you sit back and look it does show change. A thread about Mt snow and its compairson to K. Mt snow has come a long way.

Good Point. I always put Mt snow on par with Jimney Peak, but a little better.

Newpylong

Good Point. I always put Mt snow on par with Jimney Peak, but a little better.

Mount Snow by no means is a difficult mountain but it is not really comparable to Jiminy (note spelling) Peak. Mount Snow has a lot of tree skiing (Jiminy has none), they have some narrow steeps (Jiminy has none), and the trails are for the most part a mile or longer continuously (which they are not at Jiminy Peak). Jiminy Peak flattens the sh1t out of every run, Mount Snow leaves runs untouched. There are many more difference but those are the three big ones that I can think of.

Greg

Staff member
When you sit back and look it does show change. A thread about Mt snow and its compairson to K. Mt snow has come a long way.

Bob R FTW! :beer:

icedtea

You never answered my question in the other thread. How was Killington this Thanksgiving weekend?

Pretty sick, had some great pow runs down pipe dream, bittersweet and skylark all the way back down to the condo!!

How were your turns?

Glenn

Pretty sick, had some great pow runs down pipe dream, bittersweet and skylark all the way back down to the condo!!

How were your turns?

Probably about the same as yours. :razz:

While I do appreciate the update, I'm still waiting on the TR from CaptainTop10Star.

Highway Star

Probably about the same as yours. :razz:

While I do appreciate the update, I'm still waiting on the TR from CaptainTop10Star.

We hiked/skined to the top of Pico. My dynafit setup is getting dialed in. Weather was around freezing, not much wind, sun was out. Skied top to bottom. There was 8-12" of wind compacted snow, less at the bottom. Good turns were made, but it was challenging skiing.........overall, it was a satisfying ski day.

How was mount snow?

jerryg

We hiked/skined to the top of Pico. My dynafit setup is getting dialed in. Weather was around freezing, not much wind, sun was out. Skied top to bottom. There was 8-12" of wind compacted snow, less at the bottom. Good turns were made, but it was challenging skiing.........overall, it was a satisfying ski day.

How was mount snow?

Is there a sweet graph of this? :stirpot: