• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington to re-open before Mt. Snow...

drjeff

We hiked/skined to the top of Pico. My dynafit setup is getting dialed in. Weather was around freezing, not much wind, sun was out. Skied top to bottom. There was 8-12" of wind compacted snow, less at the bottom. Good turns were made, but it was challenging skiing.........overall, it was a satisfying ski day.

How was mount snow?

Boy, based on this pic below from skiingsnow over on K-Zone of Pico this past Tuesday, sure seems like A LOT of that snow that Highwaystar skied top to bottom at Pico last weekend melted out in the relatively seasonable air that we had in place between the weekend and Tuesday that was cold enough to let K make snow :rolleyes:

005-1.jpg

Highway Star

Boy, based on this pic below from skiingsnow over on K-Zone of Pico this past Tuesday, sure seems like A LOT of that snow that Highwaystar skied top to bottom at Pico last weekend melted out in the relatively seasonable air that we had in place between the weekend and Tuesday that was cold enough to let K make snow :rolleyes:

005-1.jpg

On Saturday, that grassy slope at the bottom was covered in snow.....:roll:

skiingsnow

Actually there was a lot of melting, as there was atleast 2-3 inches of snow at the very bottom just after the storm. K had 10" reported at 4000' and with Pico peak just below that I would say they got the same as K. Pics/video from Laseranimal confirm a lot of natural snow on Killington at around 3300', I am confident that Pico experienced the same.

icedtea

Actually there was a lot of melting, as there was atleast 2-3 inches of snow at the very bottom just after the storm. K had 10" reported at 4000' and with Pico peak just below that I would say they got the same as K. Pics/video from Laseranimal confirm a lot of natural snow on Killington at around 3300', I am confident that Pico experienced the same.

Dr. Jeff - on Saturday a bunch of us were able to ride all the way back to our condo at Kmart off of Snowshed. The ski home trail was a bit boney but it was done,

Some wind drifts on the mountain were above my knee.

The snow though was heavy as hell and grabby but lots of pow.

millerm277

Boy, based on this pic below from skiingsnow over on K-Zone of Pico this past Tuesday, sure seems like A LOT of that snow that Highwaystar skied top to bottom at Pico last weekend melted out in the relatively seasonable air that we had in place between the weekend and Tuesday that was cold enough to let K make snow :rolleyes

Hm? I've seen pictures of nearly all of Killington being skied in the same time frame, including South Ridge, Bittersweet and Skyelark, so....I'd buy that he skied Pico.