• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Latest Netflix Selection?

Geoff

After watching the 2nd Hobbit movie the other day and going "Wow! Who is this Evangeline Lilly chick?", I started streaming Lost on Netflix. I'm at 1st year 5th episode so far. I'm glad I waited until the whole series was done so I can watch it in one shot with no commercials.

wa-loaf

After watching the 2nd Hobbit movie the other day and going "Wow! Who is this Evangeline Lilly chick?", I started streaming Lost on Netflix. I'm at 1st year 5th episode so far. I'm glad I waited until the whole series was done so I can watch it in one shot with no commercials.

I enjoyed the second Hobbit movie, but having read the book it's hard to separate what you know and what is happening on the screen. There were a few wtf did they do that for moments... the last movie is looking like it will be all dragon destruction and big battles.

Geoff

I enjoyed the second Hobbit movie, but having read the book it's hard to separate what you know and what is happening on the screen. There were a few wtf did they do that for moments... the last movie is looking like it will be all dragon destruction and big battles.

Not to hijack the thread but I read The Hobbit in the 1970's and haven't read it since. I look at the Peter Jackson movies as "Loosely based on the book". I don't remember hot female elves shooting arrows but that holds my attention much better than a bunch of dwarfs. I expect Evangeline Lilly will get some action hero roles soon. She's athletic enough to handle them. She'd look great in Kate Beckinsale black leather in an Underworld movie sequel. Of course, I'm tipping my hand on the kinds of movies I like.

ScottySkis

Hangover 3 it was okay. For a third movie better then expected. Funniest part was gold bars would makes holes in duffle bag in real life .

skiNEwhere

That's the second time in less than a month you've had the 666th reply Scotty. I'm on to you

Edd

The Fall, on Netflix streaming. This is a UK series starring Gillian Anderson as a detective tracking a serial killer. That sounds cliche but I promise this is a kick ass show. Way better than The Killing, which I couldn't stick with after a few episodes.

ScottySkis

Sky Fall the latest James Bond movie. 3 stars. I would have given 2.5 stars but some hot looking women in the movie. It was like 2.5 hours in length and didn't need to be that long. It had the usually action scenes that be expected. M plays more time in this movie then any other James Bond side character that I remember.

Euler

Watched Not Fade Away last night. Coming of age story of a teenage boy in a garage band in the mid-sixties. A bit slow in parts, but a really good story. Nicely shows how the music biz is not full of glitz and glamour for most. Music was great in it. I don't regret watching it, though my wife got up and left half-way through. The story developed much too slowly for her.

BackLoafRiver

Just finished season 4 of Dexter and am on 5. The ending of 4 was totally unexpected and really well done. The 1st Episode of season 5 was a different route for them but I liked it. Looking forward to seeing how they develop some new characters.

xwhaler

The Fall, on Netflix streaming. This is a UK series starring Gillian Anderson as a detective tracking a serial killer. That sounds cliche but I promise this is a kick ass show. Way better than The Killing, which I couldn't stick with after a few episodes.

We really liked The Killing but were disappointed Netflix has not released the 2nd season yet to Blu-Ray even though they are filing he 4th season now. Added The Fall to my queue---very long wait and not in Blu-Ray yet.

Adunn

For anyone interested in revisiting past winter Olympic site glory - Lillyhammer, the netflix original series is a waste of time

Adunn

Check out Sherlock if you like UK content

Daisyareh18

Likely posted somewhere already, but the Netflix series Orange is the New Black is easy watching, and if you're just tuning in you're only 1 season behind. Really well-developed characters and a story that is surprisingly relatable, given that it takes place in a prison.