• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

ScottySkis

Utah can barely come to grips with booze so don't hold your breath on legal weed. There's gotta be some cheap deals in CO for skiing.

Skiing cheap or around same price as Utah, hotel with kitchen for 10 days like less then 400, plus bus is included in 4 mountain of skiing when but superpass, and everything so close don't need shuttle on Utah mass transit gets you everywhere.

From what I hear they be ok with medical Cannabis because it is herb and their church likes herbs, alcohol not so much but getting better I just go to state liquor store when there years ago. Last time I went to Colorado Vail and Steamboat it never snowed, ( Steamboat 1 day but was wet cement, my fault for going first week of March. SLc resorts went for 10 days and snowed 3 feet everyday except one , and so I gone to SLC since and always had snow and or great conditions.

Edd

Skiing cheap or around same price as Utah, hotel with kitchen for 10 days like less then 400, plus bus is included in 4 mountain of skiing when but superpass, and everything so close don't need shuttle on Utah mass transit gets you everywhere.

From what I hear they be ok with medical Cannabis because it is herb and their church likes herbs, alcohol not so much but getting better I just go to state liquor store when there years ago. Last time I went to Colorado Vail and Steamboat it never snowed, ( Steamboat 1 day but was wet cement, my fault for going first week of March. SLc resorts went for 10 days and snowed 3 feet everyday except one , and so I gone to SLC since and always had snow and or great conditions.

So, to sum up, Mormons are reasonable, and skiing conditions in CO are crappy! Got it!

ScottySkis

So, to sum up, Mormons are reasonable, and skiing conditions in CO are crappy! Got it!

Not crappy conditions, I picked wrong time to go to lower elevation MTN like Steamboat, I hear they get plenty of great powder from late December through most of February March is a gamble. Vail was epic and Sunny and big ,just I wanted snow , and with my luck found it in SLc. Mormons are annoying yes but conserding I paid half of what I paid for 10 days in SLC compared to 7 days at Steamboat you understand my reasons.

dmc

I have about a dozen friends scattered all over CO ski country. Choice is easy for me.

Plus I enjoy CO over Utah. I like the vibe. It's chill. Not as "type A". IMHO.

ScottySkis

DMC, I like the vibe and people of Colorado but I found chill people at Snowbird/ Alta to. They party their to. I am sure that if I had more money I would go back to ski CO. especially thinking Breck. and Copper, Aspen( home of late great Hunter Thompson), Loveland, and few other, money is major factor for me and vacation and will be unless I win the lotto.

ScottySkis

Because I don't have friends home to stay at in Colorado. When I stayed at Steamboat at Super 8 it was 100 a night. I not saying I wouldn't love to go back but when I have to borrow money to go on Vacation Utah is less then 50% of that in hotel costs. Then got to take shuttle bus or rent vehicle in CO. In SLC just take the train from airport to the Midvalle and bus picks you up in front if Motel 6 with studio. Maybe if we do an A zone west trip to CO. This winter I be able to go because hotel will be cheap , I do love everything else about Colorado and town of Steamboat Springs is a cool vibes all over

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

dmc

Yes but people are allowed to grow their own as well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Washington State has a population of about 7 million people.

You people really think 1 in 7 people in the state go through an ounce of herb a year? I have fairly "heady" friends. Some are daily users and go through an ounce a month. I would say such people are on the extreme high end of the user scale; maybe 1 in 100 people go through that amount. Most casual smokers I know, probably go through less than half ounce a year and that's the majority of people I know who don't use for medicinal purposes. They'll light up at shows and that's about it.

ScottySkis

When I smoked everyday I would go through a quarter oz. In a week so an oz. A month sounds correct.

If you vaporizer or cook it or use for medicine I am sure people might go through more then an once in couple weeks.

For me drinking is not comparable at all to Cannabis.

The plant makes my depression and anxiety go away, makes what ever I am doing fun, and have great conservations with people, and yes you get slightly high to.

Alcohol I get a buzz can nit drive a car and does nothing for my anxiety, depression or still makes me a bad conservations.
Just a few reasons that this miracle plant should be fully legally like it was for thousands of years all over the planet.

Last edited:
Washington State has a population of about 7 million people.

You people really think 1 in 7 people in the state go through an ounce of herb a year? I have fairly "heady" friends. Some are daily users and go through an ounce a month. I would say such people are on the extreme high end of the user scale; maybe 1 in 100 people go through that amount. Most casual smokers I know, probably go through less than half ounce a year and that's the majority of people I know who don't use for medicinal purposes. They'll light up at shows and that's about it.

no idea what the average usage rate is, but if you compare to alcohol...most people who drink have a couple drinks per week maybe? so let's say a couple hits per week...that may make that ounce last a year...i still think they are underestimating the demand side. when i was a daily user i went through an ounce every other month easy, which roughly equated to a 10-20 decent sized bong rips per week

ScottySkis

Drinkers drink about 4 in a night to get a Buzz in ny experience on weekends. People who I live with who drink every night drink at least 6 drinks a night, I hope my friend who drinks this much slows down before he kills off his liver.:thumbdown:

steamboat1

Starting this coming Monday, Sept. 9th, Vermonters will not be arrested for possessing less than an ounce of marijuana.

The decriminalization law, signed by Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin (D) last month, will remove criminal penalties on small amounts of cannabis and replace them with civil fines.

According to the new measure, first-time offenders will not get more than a $200 fine for possession. The fine will increase for repeat offenders -- $300 for a second offense and $500 for every offense thereafter -- but, under the law, marijuana possession will no longer result in the creation of a criminal record.

Possession of more than an ounce of marijuana remains a criminal offense, and state law still forbids the cultivation of cannabis plants.

“This is a much-needed step forward toward a more sensible marijuana policy,” said Matt Simon, legislative analyst for the Marijuana Policy Project. “Nobody should be subjected to life-altering criminal penalties simply for possessing a substance that is objectively less harmful than alcohol.”

Vermont legalized medical marijuana in 2004, and now joins 14 other states that have adopted decriminalization laws for non-medical cannabis. In 2012, voters in two additional states, Washington and Colorado, approved ballot measures to tax and legalize marijuana for recreational use among those 21 years old and above.

ScottySkis

no idea what the average usage rate is, but if you compare to alcohol...most people who drink have a couple drinks per week maybe? so let's say a couple hits per week...that may make that ounce last a year...i still think they are underestimating the demand side. when i was a daily user i went through an ounce every other month easy, which roughly equated to a 10-20 decent sized bong rips per week

Yes you decided to do that much but should your government tell you how much your allowed to do. They can make suggestions sure but should not put limit on it, if they do the black market will never go away.

snoseek

Yes you decided to do that much but should your government tell you how much your allowed to do. They can make suggestions sure but should not put limit on it, if they do the black market will never go away.
Stop, You're making too much sense! Agree, the black market will continue with too much tax or unreasonable regulation.