• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lightning strikes cause over 750 lightning related incidents in 2008

deadheadskier

Staff member
Without looking, my guess would be Florida. When I lived in Florida, I believe I read there is a weather alley through central Florida that records more lightening strikes per year than any other place on earth outside of another location in Africa.

Mildcat

I looked but I thought it would have been Florida too. I was surprised to see Mass ahead of Florida. I wonder if population and density has a big factor in that.

We're installing a Memorial on a golf course for a 30something guy who got struck by lightning..there's going to be a memorial tee..with a ball and tee inside behind a plastic cover..

Paul

We're installing a Memorial on a golf course for a 30something guy who got struck by lightning..there's going to be a memorial tee..with a ball and tee inside behind a plastic cover..

Was he having his best game ever?

cs_260.jpg

Wow... Golf is really stupid sometimes.

Golf carts are freaking dangerous..I like watching shocking videos online and the ones where people get electricuted are crazy...scarey stuff..The closest I ever saw lightning strike was in the Colorado Rockies about 150 yards away and some people in my group were even closer..I'm surprised I didn't skeet my pants..