• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Mountain

• Thread starter LiveFreeorDie NH
  • Start date

Edd

I've only gone to Loon on weekdays and even then the gondola is something to avoid due to lines. Too bad because it serves a ton of terrain.

I don't get gregnye's comment about never hitting the Kanc quad. I've always thought it was decent for banging out of bunch of quick runs as the lines are nothing compared to the gondola.

I think making the Seven Brothers chair an HSQ would be great.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I think gregnye was referring to avoiding the Kanc Quad on weekends. Lines can definitely be atrocious for the Kanc Quad on weekends. I think the longest I've ever waited for a lift outside of MRG on a powder day (please don't hijack this thread!) was the Kanc Quad on a weekend. Easily over 20 minutes.

2knees

Thinking about hitting Loon this winter, never been, have hard decent things about it.

looking at the map there is an area marked "out of bounds" between LOON and SOUTH peak, with good snow is that area skiable?

not that i'm super familiar with loon but i've skied there a bunch the last few years. I dont think you would want to go in there, could be wrong, but the map doesnt reflect the reality. I do, however, know of one super nice stash we found two years ago. Pm coming.....

gregnye

not that i'm super familiar with loon but i've skied there a bunch the last few years. I dont think you would want to go in there, could be wrong, but the map doesnt reflect the reality. I do, however, know of one super nice stash we found two years ago. Pm coming.....

Yah there is actually a stream that goes between the main mountain and the south peak--that is why they had to build the tote-road quad and not have a trail that goes down to a surface lift (or a transfer trail) or something of that sort. If you look to the left when skiing down bear claw extension, you can see the pond that feeds the stream that goes under to tote-road quad.

But if you want to do some stream-jumping, go ahead! ;-)