• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon South Peak Expansion

machski

No! And Angle Street and East Basin trails have not seen much if any snowmaking love. That trail pod was closed yesterday.And Mach, Loon did blow and cut the half pipe. It is in the middle of the park trail, not the one at the bottom just above the gondola building. I don't think it was open yesterday, there was a rope across the park trail at the crossover yesterday.
Yeah, it was open today, I skied it. Pretty damn icy walls but it's just a regular sized half pipe. I was referring to the super pipe at the bottom of LMP, they haven't made that in several seasons running now. Also, I seemed to be the only one using the pipe but all of the open part of LMP was quiet today. The jump line was getting a rebuild below the pipe and closed. The East Basin trails all have guns pulled out, set and hosed up. So hopefully when the temps go back down this weekend, they light those up. They did make more snow right off the Lincoln on the very top of Cruiser. Quite a bit, should allow them to widen out that drop in and Boom got more on the bottom runout back to the quad

machski

It is now official, Loon and Riverwalk will be installing a Pulse Gondola across the river, thus becoming the first resort in New England to connect the mountain with the actual town via ski lift. Goes in for the 25-26 season and is yet to be determined whether it will be free to ride or an additinal charge (would think since Riverwalk is buying it, those owners/guests will be free somehow at a minimum).

machski

Will the a timber town quad start running seven days a week after this new lift is completed? They need a true base lodge at Timbertown asap.
My guess is until they build the base lodge/learners village, Timbertown will remain a Fri-Sun and holidays lift. The Pulse Gondi isn't going in this summer, its next, so Loon has time to build something by then. I should think this should be the priority over West Basin lodge, given that Timbertown is suppose to be their gamechanger learning terrain.