• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lot's of Ice!

WoodCore

Took some pictures on my way home from skiing at Mohawk today (2008-12-14) up in the Mohawk Mountain State Forest in Connecticut.

IMG_7557.jpg

IMG_7562.jpg

IMG_7568.jpg

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7575.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

I can only imagine the devastation further north!

Glenn

Wow! That's amazing! I didn't realize northern CT got hit that hard. I don't think it was even that bad in Greenfield MA on Friday.

Greg

Staff member
Wow. Nothing like that at Sundown at all.

loafer89

Here in Coventry we stayed just a hair over freezing during last fridays storm. If it had been below freezing the freezing rain would have been devestating.

Hopefully the next few storms forecasted for this week have very little/no freezing rain.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Columbia County was hit pretty bad too. We were up at Catamount yesterday and the Taconic was closed between 199 and 23. I took smaller roads through Pine Plains, Ancramdale and Copake and it was very similar looking. As was the top of Catamount. Amazing that the snow was as good as it was considering the amount of rain and ice they had earlier in the week!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Wow. Nothing like that at Sundown at all.

Actually Saturday the trees up top were covered with ice and also noticed some tree debris laying along some of the trails.
Chris Sullivan said the top of the mountain's trees were completely covered first thing in the morning. By the time Jeff and I got there, though, there was still quite a bit at the top. It was really pretty looking up Canyon with the sun highlighting from behind.

WoodCore: Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing them!