• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Meetup March 15th

RustyGroomer

yeah, this guys a real prick too. :) (may be lurking) It will be good. If it skis like it did last weekend, we're all set.

jrmagic

Thanks Rusty. I reached out to him and hadn't heard back yet. BTW when I started AZ this morning the picture you took of him during the last dump was on the front page.

RustyGroomer

Yeah, they swiped it from me. Dirty broken binding hippy on the front page. :dontknow:

hammer

Any updates from today would be appreciated. Considering postponing a trip to Loon and heading to Magic tomorrow. Know Loon got more snow but I'm concerned about the crowds.

jrmagic

I'm here but inside working for now. I will try to post something later. Without even stepping outside I can tell you that with warm temps it will ski very nicely tomorrow.

MadMadWorld

I'm here but inside working for now. I will try to post something later. Without even stepping outside I can tell you that with warm temps it will ski very nicely tomorrow.

Trail count dropped. Is that because of coverage or snow condition? Just wondering if it will go up with some sun.

wa-loaf

Still coming. Got some other first timers coming with me too. Talked them out of going to Wachusett ...

jrmagic

Didn't know redline was open. The biggest problem with that trail is that we never got a good base. All the snow is in the moguls and the troughs are thin. Witch probably got crushed by the wind. Even with that I expect at least some of the trees to be in play. Stay tuned and I will check later

jrmagic

OK I had a conference call cancelled so I suiting up for two laps. Let me start by saying there are no coverage issues other than upper magician and likely black magic but couldn't see if. I'm assuming witch may have downed limbs/debris from the ice and that us why it gonniff and redline are closed. There's also a rando race tomorrow morning so that could also be a possibility.

As for conditions.... pretty good for 20 degrees and cloudy. I started with up your sleeve and tried some spots the groomer didn't hit on the right. Some crust in spots but edgeable, some cream cheese... really enjoyable and that is cloudy and 20 degrees. For groomed run fans the groomed parts skied extremely well. Hit vertigo as well and this was softer than the top. Second run went to Tali and again hit spots the groomer didn't and it was very edgeable and reasonably soft. Then took bail out to lower magician and checked those bumps. Some variable snow but very fun. Will be back out later once it warms up. I imagine the trees stopped a lot of the ice from getting to the snow so that should be pretty nice. In shirt you could do a lot worse than come here. It will be fun.

Last edited:

4aprice

Scheduled ETA approximately 9:00 am. Will be wearing a Green and Yellow jacket, blue Langes and red Atomic Metron 9's. Not sure what the wife will wear.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

MadMadWorld

Scheduled ETA approximately 9:00 am. Will be wearing a Green and Yellow jacket, blue Langes and red Atomic Metron 9's. Not sure what the wife will wear.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Hope to be there about 9:00. Red and black TNF jacket, Motive 88s.

Shoot me a message with your cell if you want so you can get in on the group text. It works well to corral everyone!

Savemeasammy

If all goes according to plan, I will be there. I will be skiing with the cruise director.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

wa-loaf

I'm the guy on the left. Will have pretty much the same outfit on.

625522_4324273476711_362012170_n.jpg