• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

Smellytele

Here's R/S line on the high resolution Canuck for the beginning of the storm. This is only 24 hours out so it's before the heavy precip arrives, but at least it gives an idea before the start.

TT_GZ_UU_VV_024_0850.gif

Finally a map I can actually see the states on

skifree

you guys kill me. I'm not sure if I work thurs/drive up wed night/wait till Friday...get drunk and hang curtains.

wtf!

flightschool

you guys kill me. I'm not sure if I work thurs/drive up wed night/wait till Friday...get drunk and hang curtains.

wtf!

I'm in the same boat... leave weds night to loaf, leave thurs morning to Loon, sit it out until friday and enjoy that cool, calm sunny day. We got Options!

WJenness

Forgive me, I'm a bit of a baseball nerd, but you had me until this. Bunting is the worst thing you can intentionally do in baseball.
95 times out of 100, yes...

But like every rule, it has exceptions.

I.e. Tied, Bottom of the 9th, runner on third, 0 or 1 out with a guy who basically only ever strikes out at the plate...

But then again, that's why I don't watch NL ball.

*ducks*

Puck it

I actually like bunting. Squeeze plays are awesome. Yes I am a baseball geek as well.

The bunt in fast pitch softball is always great. I used to do it all time back when I was playing the Maple City League in the Burg. Place right between the pithcer and first base charging and second base covering first. Bang. A bunt for a double.

Or the fake bunt, with the hands just choked up and swing away in a bunt stance. I have used that one too.

BenedictGomez

Forgive me, I'm a bit of a baseball nerd, but you had me until this. Bunting is the worst thing you can intentionally do in baseball.

I find it hard to believe a baseball nerd would say such a thing. The sacrifice bunt is a thing of beauty, and (at least IMO) bunting is becoming a lost art in the age of "home runs earn me millions".

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I find it hard to believe a baseball nerd would say such a thing. The sacrifice bunt is a thing of beauty, and (at least IMO) bunting is becoming a lost art in the age of "home runs earn me millions".

Careful, you're confusing nerd with nostalgist.

Outs are the most important thing in baseball. You only get 27 of them per game. Why would you want to waste 1 of them on something that succeeds 50% of the time (if you're good at it)?

nanjil

great it looks like the 3 S's (SR, SL, SB) + mt abrahm in maine is going to be walloped! should extend the season to may!