• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MeatHead Films Update!

eatskisleep

Hello Fellow Meatheads!

An update to you all has been a long time coming and then some. Our deepest apologies from the Headquarters, but after a long wet winter, there has been some crazy things going on this spring and summer. Here’s some news….

1. Despite the harsh winter (and a few skeptics), we are releasing a new movie, and it will be our most visually stimulating project to date. If you haven’t heard, our film will be called Snow Gods, and will premiere this October. It is our first movie filmed primarily in HDV (High Definition), and still includes our signature Super 8mm film (the old school grainy footage) and some ridiculous head-cam shots. Snow Gods will feature classic New England skiing Meathead style, with powder, park, bumps, and urban, as well as a trip to the Chic Chocs in Canada and the East’s first ever Superpark.

2. Our redesigned website is in progress, and should be launched by the end of July. New design, bigger and better features, new online store, and of course, the unveiling of our movie trailer for Snow Gods. Our email subscribers will be some of the first to know and preview our highly anticipated trailer (we’ve been getting hate-mails about it not being posted online yet - Booooo…. patience people, patience).

3. We couldn’t resist launching a page on MySpace.com. It was mainly created for movie tour purposes, and to network for specific venues. Please check out this page at:
www.myspace.com/meatheadfilms
While our new website is in the works, stop by MySpace and sign up to be one of our friends, leave a message, check out some pics, and keep your eyes out for the posting of our Snow Gods trailer. Our MySpace page will pick up the pace once some more tour dates are solidified.

Enough with the numbering….
In addition to our release of Snow Gods, Meathead Films is psyched to have landed a deal with Stowe Mountain Resort to film, edit, and produce a Stowe Team Video. This short movie will showcase the talents of skiers and snowboarders (guys and gals) who absolutely rip, and represent Stowe Resort. We are stowked to be creating this project, and can’t wait for the DVD to reach the public through Stowe's promotional avenues.

Other exciting news is that Meathead Films has officially signed on with Ally Distribution, so Snow Gods will be all over the place, and you won’t have the excuse to say, “I couldn’t find it at my local ski shop.” We are amped to be an Ally “exclusive title” and have high hopes for our East Coast stoke spreading far and wide across the land. Check it out:
http://www.allyvideo.com/ski/snowgods.html

More info and exciting times ahead for us East Coast die hards. Many new articles and updates (with photos) will be posted with the launch of our new Meathead website, so keep a heads up for that. That’s about all for now. Hope everyone’s summer has been peachie, and that you’re already dreaming of this coming winter.

--Rooster

thetrailboss

Staff member
So....they WILL be on tour again in the fall? I went to their show at Dartmouth and it was WELL worth the time. Better than Warren Miller. Would go again and get their latest flick.

smootharc

Superb tie in idea for "product placement"....

eatskisleep said:
Meathead Films is psyched to have landed a deal with Stowe Mountain Resort to film, edit, and produce a Stowe Team Video. This short movie will showcase the talents of skiers and snowboarders (guys and gals) who absolutely rip, and represent Stowe Resort. We are stowked to be creating this project, and can’t wait for the DVD to reach the public through Stowe's promotional avenues.

....brilliant on Stowe's part. An idea who's time has come. Great idea !

How about a Mad River Glen / Sugarbush combo film next year ? I'll pull out my signature Daffy/Copter/backflip move off The Church at SB, and straightline Octopus' Garden at MRG if the camera's are rolling.....

As an aside, do any AZ members sell life insurance ?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Smootharc: I can be your lawyer in a couple years. :wink:

I say have the Meatheads do a SKI VERMONT promo video....

smootharc

Another excellent idea....

thetrailboss said:
Smootharc: I can be your lawyer in a couple years. :wink:

Re: the lawyer thing....I'd rather have you be my lawyer when you're billing at $450 per hour, in what, say, five years ?

thetrailboss

Staff member
smootharc said:
Re: the lawyer thing....I'd rather have you be my lawyer when you're billing at $450 per hour, in what, say, five years ?

:lol:

There you go...in ten years or so, Greg can forget about ski tickets and other promos and offer AZer's discounts for legal services at my firm!!!! :lol:

Just kidding.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com

Although I prefer to ski Vermont mountains, there is a lot of other GREAT terrain and ski areas in neighboring states that offer a lot. To have the Meatheads promote just Vermont would be a bad move in my opinion. I like thier general "East Coast" stance :spread:
:beer: Here's to the MEATHEADS :beer:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
just saw the email and i am looking forward to their new release. i think many people will be quite surprised with the amount of powder footage the meatheads probably got from this past season!

eatskisleep

They should film at Wildcat next season... I am surprised they didn't go opening weekend October 2005.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
eatskisleep said:
They should film at Wildcat next season... I am surprised they didn't go opening weekend October 2005.
maybe they hiked up before wildcat opened? who knows. i am sure they filmed somewhere during october, a good portion of their filming is backcountry so who knows. the best footage takes time to set up and requires no other skiers be nearby, so the competition for powder at opening day wildcat would probably not be good for shooting footage.

meat

run in with the meatheads

riverc0il said:
maybe they hiked up before wildcat opened? who knows. i am sure they filmed somewhere during october, a good portion of their filming is backcountry so who knows. the best footage takes time to set up and requires no other skiers be nearby, so the competition for powder at opening day wildcat would probably not be good for shooting footage.

funny this got brought up. in april of '04 I had a run in with the meatheads doing some BC at Jay. I was breaking trail to one of my favorite runs late in the afternoon just as the april sun was rotting the pow. about 1/4 til my destination I noticed a bunch of skiers coming up from behind me and I talked to a couple of the guys on the rest of the way up. They asked if I had heard of the meatheads and I had no idea who they were. then we got into talking about the run, and I asked them if they had skied the run before and the guy said non-chalantly...nahh, never done it, and they didn't really know where they were going deep into the woods trying to ski down to a road miles away with just a general idea. chatting at the top,I was thinking oh god, but they seemed cool and didn't want them to get lost naturally so I told them that they could follow my tracks or even ski down with me, the guy said nahh were going to be stopping a lot to shoot and will take awhile, but will look for your tracks on the run out as he tied one on. I said ok and said to myself these guys seem pretty crazy especially with only 2+ hours of daylight.

to make a long story short, I was expecting an importaint call so I took the GFs cell phone, and when I got the call about half way down I must have dropped my wallet. I got back to my car and was looking all over for it. later that evening I got a call from Jay customer service saying that some guys found my wallet out in some backcountry run. I was so happy as I was getting ready to cancel everything in my wallet, I was extremely greatful for the meatheads, I don't know how they found it.

that next fall I was reading skiing mag and saw a huge article on them, I was like hey those are the guys that found my wallet in the woods. then they did a premere of "schooled" at Jay and saw that the segment from Jay was the exact same run that I had skied when I met them the previous april when the snow was turning to mashed potatoes. its good to see that they are doing well, I still have only seen schooled, but look forward to seeing some of their other stuff. Its cool seeing ski movies we east coasters can relate closer to. good work meatheads!