• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Metro Boston Traffic Cams

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
For those who have to traverse north to the mountains from Metro Boston, the Mass. DOT has finally revealed it's cache of traffic cameras to the general public. Why it had to be a secret for so long, at taxpayer expense is a political, not a technical impairment.
Finally, 70 cams, all the way to Nashua NH for your viewing pleasure. I always wondered about those cams, but could never find them.

hammer

Wow...I commute on Rt. 3, never realized that they would have so many cams. Good info to have, thanks.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wow...I commute on Rt. 3, never realized that they would have so many cams. Good info to have, thanks.

There is a boatload of fiber optical trunks that run down the middle of the road from Burlington to Nashua. When they widened it, they did a huge technological upgrade. That explains in large part why you only see these cams in certain areas. the automated message boards, and lots of other remote things are integrated into the highway. It has a lot of potential, but, like most state agencies, they are slow to act. How long has this highway been done? five years? and now they get around to it...