• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday and Tuesday Dec17 and 18 snow is possible

Puck it

I don't think winny's site is right. The forecast for Cannon totals like 30" from Sunday to Thurs.

octopus

idk, i just checked snowforecast.com and they said 18" to "22 for bretton woods on tues alone...and i have weds off.

ScottySkis

idk, i just checked snowforecast.com and they said 18" to "22 for bretton woods on tues alone...and i have weds off.

I would check other ski forecasts sites, Mr. winnchill is a great

Forecasting but they website that was relaunched still having issues unfortunately I'm sure once they get fixed it will be great and he got some family stuff going on, NOAA is now saying north easter storm may not happen latter this week.:mad:

BenedictGomez

Some bad news, and some good news:

The DEC 18-19 looks weaker and even more inland than before. Several days ago the model data suggested a midwest low into the ohio valley then redeveloping off the New England coast... But earlier in the week.... The models took the low just offshore and intensifed it. That idea is no longer vakid as all the data has shifted the low inland... Thus means rain for EVERYONE almost everyone in New England dec 19

SECOND..... THE ARCTIC COLD FRONT for DEC 20-21....looked to come through with a weak surface low on the front over the great lakes. ... Which would bomb out off the se new england coast DEC 20-21. The new data shows the ARCTIC FRONT STILL ARRIVES but the low kn the front becomes MAJOR over WI ILL and MI DEC 20...bringing HEAVY SNOW to IA MN WI eastern dakotas and western MI... RAIN to eastern ILL...IN... OH that turns to snow... Followed by HIGH WINDS.... The ARCTIC front reaches the East coast DEC 21... with rain tover the east coast that MIGHT end as SNOW. ****BUT over new england the big LOW over MI moves east into upstate NY then NEW ENGLAND. This will bring moderate to heavy snow to much of new england DEC 21-22

The models have flip-flopped dramatically on this and literally, dramatically almost every day, pegging the storm from Illinois to OTS, so WTH knows what will really happen, but the guy who posted this I find to be much more knowledgeable/accurate than the average met.

ScottySkis

Some bad news, and some good news:

The models have flip-flopped dramatically on this and literally, dramatically almost every day, pegging the storm from Illinois to OTS, so WTH knows what will really happen, but the guy who posted this I find to be much more knowledgeable/accurate than the average met.

Wetherchannel on cable is saying for next Friday storm that high peaks of Green and Whites might get snow but think everyone else will get rain.

WinnChill

I would check other ski forecasts sites, Mr. winnchill is a great

Forecasting but they website that was relaunched still having issues unfortunately I'm sure once they get fixed it will be great and he got some family stuff going on, NOAA is now saying north easter storm may not happen latter this week.:mad:

Yeah, sorry guys, have to sit this one out...death in the family. New England sites are on autopilot. Enjoy this week's storms--I'll be back soon.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
So where are you guys skiing this week? Looks like rain in my hometown :/ tomorrow is out but I might get out Tuesday

Huck_It_Baby

So where are you guys skiing this week? Looks like rain in my hometown :/ tomorrow is out but I might get out Tuesday

I'm watching where the snow falls. Forecasts seem all over the place...rain, sleet, snow. This one seems hard to pin point.

I'm thinking Wed is going to be the best day to catch a little powder.

Puck it

I'm watching where the snow falls. Forecasts seem all over the place...rain, sleet, snow. This one seems hard to pin point.

I'm thinking Wed is going to be the best day to catch a little powder.

Really. I am thinking tomorrow at Cannon calling for 4-7. Not much on Wed though.

crank

I am at Jay Peak and they got about 4" overnight...still snowing lightly. All the forecasts have it warming up and a mixture of snow, sleet and freezing rein coming in starting later today. Some forecasts have it becoming all rain on Tuesday. We were thinking we had hit it at the right time but we may have been wrong. Oh well, going to get ready to ski now. Windy here, of course.

ScottySkis

Sugarloaf saying they go 6 inches and are going to get another 6-8 more coming. Mount Snow got 3 inches at the top.:snow::snow::snow:
483397_10151144144106879_1542204544_n.jpg

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Really my daughter and I were at Cannon. Their snow got blown all over. It was icy at lunch. Daughter fell and was down.

It was windy on North Peak, and Upper Flume had some 'surprise' ice patches under the POW. U/L Walking Boss held up great! Fresh snow to be skied all over in the morning. Hardly anyone over at the West Basin, Rumrunner was a blast until after one when it got scraped up a bit.

South peak should be set to go by this weekend.

Rain, stay the f(&* away