• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mother Nature = Fail!!!

Highway Star

Highway Star is not pleased by this weather pattern....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.61072530454816&lon=-72.81532287597656

Today Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Breezy, with a west wind 22 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.

Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 34 mph.

Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a northwest wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 51. West wind around 10 mph.

Friday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 51. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Southwest wind around 6 mph.

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. South wind around 9 mph.

Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. South wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47. South wind around 14 mph.

Monday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.

Monday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. South wind 6 to 8 mph.

Tuesday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Southwest wind around 8 mph.

snoseek

Only bob dole can get away with that kind of 1st person speak. Oh and it looks like some moisture to tack up the singletrack, yayyy, been getting a little sandy lately

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Think of it this way, if the weather is a series of ups and downs, which it is, this just means that we're due for a mean reversion at a later date. Better to have that in the winter than the fall.

JimG.

Staff member
I like the attitude HS...stoked and ready to go!

I get spooked by October snow I admit...it's like catching a nice fish on your first cast of the day. Alot of times that becomes your only fish of the day. But October cold can certainly be expected.

I'd like to get an October day in this season, but thinking realistically I'm looking at 11/10 or so.

dlague

I like the attitude HS...stoked and ready to go!

I get spooked by October snow I admit...it's like catching a nice fish on your first cast of the day. Alot of times that becomes your only fish of the day. But October cold can certainly be expected.

I'd like to get an October day in this season, but thinking realistically I'm looking at 11/10 or so.

Exactly - remember 2011-2012 season! Huge snow on October 29th-30th and we skied Killington top to bottom that weekend even though it was roped off but the rest of the season was terrible!

dlague

HS think of it this way - with the number of days and nights foretasted with precip when the temps do drop enough it will be snowing a lot. Just need lots of moisture this winter that can fall as snow!

Edd

my9a8aqy.jpg

ScottySkis

Exactly - remember 2011-2012 season! Huge snow on October 29th-30th and we skied Killington top to bottom that weekend even though it was roped off but the rest of the season was terrible!

Plattekill opened up for skiing and snowboarding to only first place in NU that year.

ScottySkis

Can someone please translate this from Scotty to English? thank you

Sorry what I meant to say was after that snow storm Plattekill got almost 3 feet of snow and opened up for skiing and snowboarding and was the first place in NY state to open for skiing that year.

mriceyman

id keep this weather til December if it means 3 good months of winter to follow

SIKSKIER

Sorry what I meant to say was after that snow storm Plattekill got almost 3 feet of snow and opened up for skiing and snowboarding and was the first place in NY state to open for skiing that year.

Ok so this proves that Scotty actually does know how to type sentences that are comprehensible.Its all an act.