• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 03/11-03/13

stalefish

Considering a trip to Mount Snow for this weekend (3/11-3/13) but it looks like a lot of rain coming through. Any reports on current conditions or educated guess on what Saturday and Sunday may look like?

Euler

Mods - pls move this.

Mt. Snow has, in my experience (I've skied more than a hundred days there in the past several years) among the best grooming in the NE, so Sunday should be great. Saturday really will depend on the weather.

drjeff

Mods - pls move this.

Mt. Snow has, in my experience (I've skied more than a hundred days there in the past several years) among the best grooming in the NE, so Sunday should be great. Saturday really will depend on the weather.

Ditto (hundreds of days on the mountain, including over 35 this year), and Elia Hamilton (the mountain manager) and his crew of cat operators ae as good as any in the business! Saturday will depend mainly on how cold it does/doesn't get Friday night/Saturday AM AND how sunny/cloudy it will be. If we don't get a hard freeze (below 25) and/or the sun comes out, we'll have a sweet snow surface for most of the day. By Sunday, reguardless of the weather the grromers atleast will be likely very good, and the trees/non groomed runs will depend on how much it does/doesn't freeze up.

We'll be there for the USSA B Eastern Championships regardless of the weather. If it is cold on Sunday we'll head to Sundown.

Glenn

This is gonna be awesome Vince! We should have some good footage to post here. Not of me doing anything impressive...but good footage of me making an arse out of myself. :lol:

Pretty much anything but soft except at the bottom the last 2 days. Mt Snow got hit with major ice Thursday night. Many woods trails are completely blocked. Skied Bear Trap on soft snow yesterday ad frozen granular today.