• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow Advice

Angus

Planning on skiing here on Sunday - hope to arrive @ 9AM. Only been here one other time in late season so crowds were tame. Any advice relative to skiing the mountain during the day, best place to park, etc. I'll be with my daughter who is 9 but can ski just about anything. Thanks in advance.

drjeff

Planning on skiing here on Sunday - hope to arrive @ 9AM. Only been here one other time in late season so crowds were tame. Any advice relative to skiing the mountain during the day, best place to park, etc. I'll be with my daughter who is 9 but can ski just about anything. Thanks in advance.

Sunday's aren't nearly as bad the vast majority of weekends crowd wise as Saturday's are, and usually by lunchtime on Sunday the crowds noticeably begin to thin out. The best advice I can give you to avoid the crowds, is do your best to be out of the main base area by say 9:30 and then don't return to the main base area until about 12:30. That 9:30 to 12:30 time slot is usually when the crowds at the 2 high speed quads in the base area are at their worst.

During that time, if you want to ski the main face, use the Sundance Triple - it gets you about 85% of the total main face vertical with access to about 85% of the trails, and usually not more than a 10 chair wait atmost, and right now since the natural snow trails are skiing great, there's lots of great options right off that chair such as Shootout, Hop and Uncles. Also, spend some time off the backside of the mountain in the Sunbrook area, just really fun stuff such as Big and Little Dipper and Moonbeam to cruise on back there for fun for all ages. Northface wise, also not too crowded, go for it if your daughter wants some tougher stuff and/or bumps. Lastly in that 3 hour window to avoid the main base area, take a spin through Carinthia, even if your not a park skier, just the sight of some of the massive jumps they've built is impressive for kids and adults, and if she (or you) want to try a "tame" park, the smallest park, Grommet is next to/slightly behind the Carinthia Lodge.

Bottomline, enjoy, since the Mountain (per my wife whose been up there with my kids all week) is skiing about as good as it gets right now! :)

skiprob

hitchhiking on this thread

That was great advice. My family and I will be there this Sunday as well. Thanks to you, I now have a plan for the crew.

Do you have any parking suggestions?

Glenn

At 9AM, you should still be able to get a slot in the lot near Mountain Ops. Hit the second blinking light, bang a left and follow the road. As you approach the main parking area, heading towards the drop off zone, take a left. That'll put you near the mountain ops building. Or across the road from it. Both are pretty easy walks.

Skied today..snow is fast!