• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

mount snow to install a bubble 6 pack next year!

bvibert

Staff member
I can't ever remember my ass being cold on a chairlift.

I guess you've never skied in an ice storm then. I think heated seats are completely unnecessary, but my butt has gotten cold sitting on frozen chairs before...

gmcunni

208085_10150216931951522_41027251521_8585228_5614537_n.jpg

gmcunni

What no stickers on the bubble yet? :p

wow, never thought about that aspect. keeping those things free of graffiti and stickers has got to be an issue. 6 punks (a-holes) with sharpies could have a field day in the 7 minutes riding up

drjeff

wow, never thought about that aspect. keeping those things free of graffiti and stickers has got to be an issue. 6 punks (a-holes) with sharpies could have a field day in the 7 minutes riding up

There was some loose talk about the installation of some type of surveillance system (seriously) in the chairs for just that reason. Also likely to be seen is some prominent signage in the base area about significant fines being impossed for anyone caught de-facing/vandalizing the bubbles

Black Phantom

There was some loose talk about the installation of some type of surveillance system (seriously) in the chairs for just that reason. Also likely to be seen is some prominent signage in the base area about significant fines being impossed for anyone caught de-facing/vandalizing the bubbles

Seriously? A spy cam on the chair lift? That is a good one.:daffy:

I can hear a few ACLU types sputtering about this already.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I like the bubble but having seen some in Europe they do get dorked up, even with security

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

drjeff

Seriously? A spy cam on the chair lift? That is a good one.:daffy:

I can hear a few ACLU types sputtering about this already.

It was mentioned. And after all, it's "only" a 9+ million dollar lift, and those bubbles are a couple grand a piece to replace. Nothing wrong IMHO with a private company wanting to protect their investment, heck stores do it all the time for their retail items

Black Phantom

It was mentioned. And after all, it's "only" a 9+ million dollar lift, and those bubbles are a couple grand a piece to replace. Nothing wrong IMHO with a private company wanting to protect their investment, heck stores do it all the time for their retail items

Kinda like a spy cam in a dressing room or a bathroom I guess.

Glenn

Hopefully, the bubbles won't get damaged. I'm sure they have some plans to keep that from happening. I know they've been looking into options.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
We rode a bunch over in Austria and I don't remember seeing any that were defaced or plastered with stickers. Aside from some scratches they seemed pretty bulletproof, and heavy too.

here's one of the newer ones...

p1060673c.jpg

drjeff

So I stopped the Mount Snow base area this evening on my way home from dinner this evening and sat in the chair in the pictures, and all I can say is that it is the most comfortable chairlift I have ever sat in in my 30+ ski seasons! You could seriously put this chair in your living room infront of your tv and be totally happy with how comfy it is!

oakapple

So I stopped the Mount Snow base area this evening on my way home from dinner this evening and sat in the chair in the pictures, and all I can say is that it is the most comfortable chairlift I have ever sat in in my 30+ ski seasons! You could seriously put this chair in your living room infront of your tv and be totally happy with how comfy it is!

Have they pubslished the new alignment yet? (That is: where the loading and unloading points are, relative to where the old Summit Local was?)

Glenn

Have they pubslished the new alignment yet? (That is: where the loading and unloading points are, relative to where the old Summit Local was?)

They've got some blueprints at the moutain; they displayed them at the Season Passholder meeting awhile back. Not sure if they're online anywhere. They "may" be on the website somewhere.