• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: West Hartford Reservoir, CT - 6/22/08

Greg

Staff member
I have a spare tube/patch kit and tire levers for a tire repair. I also have a basic multi-tool with some allen keys. Beyond that, I'm counting on you guys... ;)

awf170

Yeah... I'll pack my tools and bike stand just in case. We should also make sure we have a mix of presta and schrader tubes because I'm certain some people (Austin) probably don't ride with spares.

Nope, I just ride with one water bottle and nothing else and just pray that nothing happens. Yesterday I went out for a little longer so I brought two water bottles and a power bar. :lol:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I have a spare tube/patch kit and tire levers for a tire repair. I also have a basic multi-tool with some allen keys. Beyond that, I'm counting on you guys... ;)

That's all you need anyway. I just carry a spare tube, Alien, and pump in my camel bak.

powhunter

UPS sucks.....I wasnt there to sign for my derailer....so they arent delivering it until monday.....wtf?? They can leave a $500 pair of skis with no signature...Bike is shifting ok as it is with brians surgery...but chain falls off and jams up once in a while....Im still in

steve

MR. evil

UPS sucks.....I wasnt there to sign for my derailer....so they arent delivering it until monday.....wtf?? They can leave a $500 pair of skis with no signature...Bike is shifting ok as it is with brians surgery...but chain falls off and jams up once in a while....Im still in

steve

can you pick it up at UPS?

Edit: I have a spare Derailer (Shimmano Deore) that I will bring on Sunday. You can use that one until you get your new one from UPS. Makre sure you are there by 7:30 if not a bit earlier. I can get started putting it on your bike and when Marc gets there we can use his stand to adjust & tune it. Der's are a pain to adjust without a stand

MR. evil

Understatement of the month.

Even though this will be an easy ride compared to the craziness of Nepaug. My gut tells me that all of our collective stupidity will warrant some full on body armor

Greg

Staff member
Even though this will be an easy ride compared to the craziness of Nepaug. My gut tells me that all of our collective stupidity will warrant some full on body armor

I will officially state now that AZ takes no responsibility for any damage of property, injury, or death of anyone going on this ride, regardless of how good a YouTube moment it might be.... :lol: ;)

MR. evil

Timmy- I think Dober might be going.

I am not sure he is too keen on riding that early. But the though of him and Johnny Poach in the same place is just too much. I think the space time continuum would implode or something.

powhunter

I will officially state now that AZ takes no responsibility for any damage of property, injury, or death of anyone going on this ride, regardless of how good a YouTube moment it might be.... :lol: ;)

great now ya tell me....i no longer will sacrifice my body for your entertainment

steve

awf170

This has all the making for a very intresting ride

Yes it does. Especially if others start to do stupid crap. For some reason I always feel the need to out "stupid" everyone. I don't care if people are better than me at something, but they will not be stupider. Though after seeing some of the Powhunter videos I'm not sure I compete. A make a stand against it when I know for a fact I'm going to wreck (unless there is deep snow). :spin:

Yes, most likely. :dunce:

So how hard is this ride anyway? Mileage? Vert gained?

Sweet... PM me your address.

Still waiting...

Greg

Staff member
Yes it does. Especially if others start to do stupid crap. For some reason I always feel the need to out "stupid" everyone. I don't care if people are better than me at something, but they will not be stupider. Though after seeing some of the Powhunter videos I'm not sure I compete. A make a stand against it when I know for a fact I'm going to wreck (unless there is deep snow). :spin:

So how hard is this ride anyway? Mileage? Vert gained?

Take it easy there, Austin. This will probably be somewhat of an anticlimactic outing for you. Powhunter and maybe the poacher will likely do something interesting, but beyond that, we're just a bunch of wannabes cruising around the woods. Still, it should be a good time and I can't wait. I haven't been on the bike since Nepaug.

awf170

Take it easy there, Austin. This will probably be somewhat of an anticlimactic outing for you. Powhunter and maybe the poacher will likely do something interesting, but beyond that, we're just a bunch of wannabes cruising around the woods. Still, it should be a good time and I can't wait. I haven't been on the bike since Nepaug.

I'm just joking around. I'm a terrible rider anyway so it won't take much to give me a challenge. I just need some fun single track and I'll be plenty entertained. What riders like Marc and Mr. Evil (or anyone else that has been riding for a while) consider easy and almost boring I'll probably consider challenging and even a bit scary. I haven't been on a single track yet that I haven't found to be a ton of fun and at least somewhat challenging. I might do a few things that are somewhat stupid for someone of my skill level but would be considered super lame by anyone who has rode for more than a season or two (Remember that my first ride was only on Sunday). This is not at all like skiing for me where I need to find that hardest, stupidest and biggest things to go off. I'll wait to at least next season until I get to that point. :p

Greg

Staff member
I'm just joking around. I'm a terrible rider anyway so it won't take much to give me a challenge. I just need some fun single track and I'll be plenty entertained. What riders like Marc and Mr. Evil (or anyone else that has been riding for a while) consider easy and almost boring I'll probably consider challenging and even a bit scary. I haven't been on a single track yet that I haven't found to be a ton of fun and at least somewhat challenging. I might do a few things that are somewhat stupid for someone of my skill level but would be considered super lame by anyone who has rode for more than a season or two (Remember that my first ride was only on Sunday). This is not at all like skiing for me where I need to find that hardest, stupidest and biggest things to go off. I'll wait to at least next season until I get to that point. :p

I know you're funnin'. And don't worry about this group - we're all pretty mellow. I've only got a whopping 5 rides under my belt since I resumed MTB after a 10 year hiatus so I'm still a bit sucky.