• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My boots are too big

Glenn

Surprise, surprise, right?

On Dr Jeff's recomendation, my wife and I saw the bootfitter in the main base lodge ski shop at Mt. Snow. He's a great guy and really knows his stuff. I was having a problem with my left outter ankle rubbing near the canting adjuster on my Impact 8's. My wife has having a problem with the boot tounge rubbing her instep.

Long story short...we're both in Salomons...and they're both a bit big. I should be in a 27.5 vs a 28.5. My wife's size was fairly accurate, but the shell of her boot was just a bit wide for her foot.

I tried on a pair of Head Raptors in a 27.5. Ahhhh, now that's more like it! With a little adjustment to the toe, that would have been sweet. But at $749.....:-o

Luckily, ignorance is somewhat bliss. Aside from the boots being a bit big, I'm not getting any discomfort or blisters. I guess I'll start saving. Maybe I can find a place that doesn't sell all current year gear. I don't need the latest and greatest...just something that fits better.

drjeff

Surprise, surprise, right?

On Dr Jeff's recomendation, my wife and I saw the bootfitter in the main base lodge ski shop at Mt. Snow. He's a great guy and really knows his stuff. I was having a problem with my left outter ankle rubbing near the canting adjuster on my Impact 8's. My wife has having a problem with the boot tounge rubbing her instep.

Long story short...we're both in Salomons...and they're both a bit big. I should be in a 27.5 vs a 28.5. My wife's size was fairly accurate, but the shell of her boot was just a bit wide for her foot.

I tried on a pair of Head Raptors in a 27.5. Ahhhh, now that's more like it! With a little adjustment to the toe, that would have been sweet. But at $749.....:-o

Luckily, ignorance is somewhat bliss. Aside from the boots being a bit big, I'm not getting any discomfort or blisters. I guess I'll start saving. Maybe I can find a place that doesn't sell all current year gear. I don't need the latest and greatest...just something that fits better.

Glenn, was that the list price or the actual price??? I know that when I bought my Langes from Nick that the price I was charged was way less than the list price, and even better than what it would have been with the season pass discount

Glenn

That's a good question Jeff. I tried those boots on and asked the guy what they ran...and that's the price he told me.

I'm not sure who I was dealing with. There were two guys there at the time. I "think" Nick is the younger of the two? We dealt with the other guy. TJ? Both were really knowledgeable though...and very very good to deal with. He only charged us $30 to make the adjustments to both boots. And he spent a good deal of time talking about what type of boot would fit each of us and the characteristics of our feet.

Philpug

Glenn, I have a pair of last years Raptor LTD's that i will sell real cheap if you want them. $300.00 shipped.

I hate taking work out of someone else's shop, especially someone who knows what they are doing, but I also need these gone. I have a fill size run if anyone else is intersted. If you do buy mine, I would suggest going back with a nice "tip" for the other guy and you will still be way ahead.

Glenn

Thanks for teh offer Phil! I'm still in the decision stage now.

Good advice on the tip. That's a real gray area there. I mean, I'd fell kinda funny bringing boots I bought elsewhere to a fitter that where brand new.