• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Name a Northeast Ski Area and an attribute of that area you think is the best......

deadheadskier

Staff member
Big Fan of King Ridge as a kid as well. Not sure if it could still make it today with such limited vert and challenge. There's only so many skiers to go around for the smaller hills. Same goes for Temple

xwhaler

Big Fan of King Ridge as a kid as well. Not sure if it could still make it today with such limited vert and challenge. There's only so many skiers to go around for the smaller hills. Same goes for Temple

Temple I heard was being considered by Peaks back when they eventually brought CM back to life.
Given the proximity to Nashua area and generally easier to get to from Lowell to Manchester (vs CM) you have to wonder if there would be bigger crowds there than currently exist at CM.

VTKilarney

The King Ridge lodge was converted into a home and was recently (and maybe still is) for sale.

mccleaks

The King Ridge lodge was converted into a home and was recently (and maybe still is) for sale.

That brings back some memories. I was scrolling around google maps yesterday in the area and it seems they have done a fair amount of developing in the area. Looks like you could drive right to the base of the old triple to drop a car and make some runs there. I think I'm gonna have to do some exploring at some point. We skied there every weekend for about 5 years as kids.

dlague

That brings back some memories. I was scrolling around google maps yesterday in the area and it seems they have done a fair amount of developing in the area. Looks like you could drive right to the base of the old triple to drop a car and make some runs there. I think I'm gonna have to do some exploring at some point. We skied there every weekend for about 5 years as kids.
Yup the whole hill side is developed. Nice homes!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app