• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NASTAR Finals

tree_skier

Sky521 said:
Registration # Competitor days raced Hometown/State Team Points

PAR1648 David G Parsons 11 West Dover, VT 8.72
ROG517 Bob Rogowsky 9 Nashua, NH 8.08
QUOTE]

Bob it's good to know that after all these years you are still looking at my back on a course

Dave

Vortex

Dave and I raced in a previous history we were just different age groups. He was in the much older group. We did not know that until we talked about it this year. 30 years ago anyway. He must be 60 or so know. He does not look a day over 70.

Vortex

Ow I did beat Dave at least twice this year on his off nights. It would be three, but he gave some lame... my run did not count excues so I give it to him. The weeks after he ate my dust he was way up the top ten.
The other nights he smoked me. Funny part is it bothers him and the rest of us laugh. If you saw him race you would see he is leaps and bound ahead of any of us.( Ringer)

I would love to see another Pats team race on Monday's too. We have a blast.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ga2ski said:
I'm hoping to race again on Mondays (baby-dependent). Are we forming a team or two next season? My wife want to race as well .. . . . Hmmmm who will watch the child . .. .

Can't the kid race?

Vortex

Well take turns watchin the baby, not really a joke here. I was hoping to get a 2nd team formed if possible. If people realized that the ball busting that goes on in here in these threads is exactly what take place when we ski together.. They might catch on that this is fun.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Bob R said:
Well take turns watchin the baby, not really a joke here. I was hoping to get a 2nd team formed if possible. If people realized that the ball busting that goes on in here in these threads is exactly what take place when we ski together.. They might catch on that this is fun.

I would if Pat's wasn't over two hours from my house. I already drive two hours up to Sneax almost every week as it is.

Although perhaps I can do a southern team at Wachusett this year... I should be able to get my schedule to work with enough time ahead to plan.

Vortex

The idea is to get people out. It Dozer and Sky can help you I'm sure they will. It helps for our virtual teams and our club teams no matter where you race.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
zzzzz

Huh, oh, harumph? Someone trying to wake this old man out of hiberation? Grrrrr. No like to look out the cave and see green. Me back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
(where's the snooze smily?)

Anyways...
First things first. Getting your score fixed. Bill Madsen handles them for Nastar HQ. He's actually quite prompt about it. We got 2 daughter's scores swapped, easy fix by him. He also can help if you have problems with the automatic score merge (two id's same person) that you can do yourself. If not, send an email to the link posted on nastar.com

Club team - minimum 15 (but only the top 15 count)
Fam/Friends team - minimum 6 (again, only the top 6 count)
Yes. We did setup two teams because you can only be on one team each and as mentioned, some members were already on a team.

We could create multiple teams if we have enough critical mass. Again, you could be on only one of each. It depends on who we want to compete against/with. Ourselves or others. Or we could set it up with different point ranges. At the end of the day, you self-select for all these teams anyways, so enforcement would be by gentlemen's/ladie's agreement.

Regarding our rankings:
777 out of 3536 - this is our family/friends team. top 6 scores count. We were in the top 21%
178 out of 1529 - this is our club team. Top 15 scores count. We were in the top 12%
Good work. Now go cork your skis ;)

Oh, and by the way, NASTAR is serious enough for me. They have great parties too. I went to Nationals. I think I was the only AZ'er to go. What a blast. I have so many Olympian autographs. And... I only wiped out on my final run. De agonee of deefeet....(no, I still placed 13/23...)

I'm going back into my cave for a week and may not see further correspondence until then.

Last edited:

Vortex

The difference between vitrual and Club seems to be the confusion.. I thought I was on both. I know I'm on the Pats team also. Really I was looking for clarifaction to others questions on this. I just show up and race. Everyone else tells me what it means. Go back to sleep.:-D