• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nauset Beach off road vs National Seashore off road

SKIQUATTRO

its been a few years since i had the Nauset Beach (Orleans Cape Cod) off road/beach driving permit. Never had the National Seashore permit..

now with the Jeep, looking to get one or the other.....anyone have any experience with beach driving/crowds etc? we're in Eastham so both access points are close (National Seashore you can enter in Touro)

Bene288

its been a few years since i had the Nauset Beach (Orleans Cape Cod) off road/beach driving permit. Never had the National Seashore permit..

now with the Jeep, looking to get one or the other.....anyone have any experience with beach driving/crowds etc? we're in Eastham so both access points are close (National Seashore you can enter in Touro)

In my opinion Nauset is much prettier. Better dunes on the NSS though I think, At least in Eastham you're a little closer to Nauset Beach.

snowmonster

Although Nauset is closer, given the same choice, I would get the NSS pass. The Provincetown dunes are something else. There's a remote-ness about it. I lived in Eastham last year but I think we'll be renting in Harwich this year. I'll be surfing off Nauset Light or Marconi and getting an NSS pass too.

SKIQUATTRO

Cool.... Our house is off Kingsbury Beach Rd... I surf mostly Nauset light to Coast Guard

snowmonster

^ Let me know when you're in the area. It would be great to catch a few waves.

I haven't surfed Coast Guard because I can't wake up early enough to park next to the beach and, if I wake up too late, I think it's a hassle to bring a board on the shuttle. I'm heading to the Cape on Sunday to take a look at the rental. I'll probably swing by Nauset Light to see if the breaks changed over the winter.