• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New boot help.

prophet0426

I'm getting the itch to buy new boots, as the one that I have Atomic B9's are starting to breakdown. I want to try and move into a boot that will be good both at the resort and b/c something that is stiff yet can still handle the task of touring.

I'm currently considering the following, and this is only based on what I have read since I'vew not tried any of them on yet and don't know how they would feel on my foot.

Atomic Tracker 130
Salomon Quest 12
Garmont Radiums

Does anyone have experience with any of these boots? I'd like to get some feedback, and thing to look for or stay away from. I know boot all fit differently and the ultimate answer will be trying them on, but I want to get some input from people that have used them and have firsthand experience.

Think snow!!!!!!:snow:

prophet0426

I've was checking those out as well, but deciced to pass them by since my foot has never fit well into a Nordica or Technica boot. I wonder how the Nordica buckle release system is going to work. It kind of sounds like a normal alpine boot, that they expect you to release the top buckle when touring or walking? Can't I do that with my everyday alpine boot?

Puck it

I've was checking those out as well, but deciced to pass them by since my foot has never fit well into a Nordica or Technica boot. I wonder how the Nordica buckle release system is going to work. It kind of sounds like a normal alpine boot, that they expect you to release the top buckle when touring or walking? Can't I do that with my everyday alpine boot?

My problem as well. That is why I stick with the Head boots. The last of the shell has been the same for the last four models that I have bought. The Vector 120's actually needed no work on them other then putting in boiling water for the fit. Did you look at the 120's? There are good prices of those.

I did not look at the boots at Ski Haus. I will stop by and look to understand the mechanism.

We will be all set for more exploring at Cannon with your new boots and my new skis.

prophet0426

My problem as well. That is why I stick with the Head boots. The last of the shell has been the same for the last four models that I have bought. The Vector 120's actually needed no work on them other then putting in boiling water for the fit. Did you look at the 120's? There are good prices of those.

I did not look at the boots at Ski Haus. I will stop by and look to understand the mechanism.

We will be all set for more exploring at Cannon with your new boots and my new skis.

What did you get for skis? Did you get new a/t binding as well? Can't wait to explore more!!!

Puck it

What did you get for skis? Did you get new a/t binding as well? Can't wait to explore more!!!

I picked up a pair of Barons at the tent sale. I picked up a pair Palmer 01's in a 178cm for $299. These are built like my 88's, double metal layer. I will return them if I do not like the feel of the flex.

I am still thiking the Nordica Hell and Backs maybe in my future though. I may try them out first since I ahve the same BSL as the Ski Haus owner.

BTW,

Check these out going back to your padding thread.

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/store/index.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=725

Arm pad covering forearm and elbow seems like a good idea.

I definitely want to go off the south side of the notch this year and also try Coppermine.

prophet0426

I picked up a pair of Barons at the tent sale. I picked up a pair Palmer 01's in a 178cm for $299. These are built like my 88's, double metal layer. I will return them if I do not like the feel of the flex.

I am still thiking the Nordica Hell and Backs maybe in my future though. I may try them out first since I ahve the same BSL as the Ski Haus owner.

BTW,

Check these out going back to your padding thread.

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/store/index.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=725

Arm pad covering forearm and elbow seems like a good idea.

I definitely want to go off the south side of the notch this year and also try Coppermine.

I Skied the South bowl a few years ago, and it was pretty amazing. Wish at the point in time I had a/t binding as it would have made the trek back a lot easier. The challenging part was finding the stream bed run out to the snowmobile trail. I would definitely like to give it a go again!!!

I was checking that stuff out as well yesterday. I like the softtec padding as I think it would be more comfortable and not as restrictive as hard padding. I think the forearm would be a great addition to the overall package. I think I am going to buy the thigh/hip shorts, and the shirt that covers the shoulders/chest as well as the forearm pads.

Puck it

I Skied the South bowl a few years ago, and it was pretty amazing. Wish at the point in time I had a/t binding as it would have made the trek back a lot easier. The challenging part was finding the stream bed run out to the snowmobile trail. I would definitely like to give it a go again!!!

I was checking that stuff out as well yesterday. I like the softtec padding as I think it would be more comfortable and not as restrictive as hard padding. I think the forearm would be a great addition to the overall package. I think I am going to buy the thigh/hip shorts, and the shirt that covers the shoulders/chest as well as the forearm pads.

I was thinking the forearm amd elbows definitely. The Nike Combat shorts looks better since there are no thigh pads. I do not think they are needed. I am concerned more with hips and tail bone. If I find any deals I will let you know.

snowmonster

Have you considered a BD Quadrant? The pebax material and 40 degree range of motion intrigue me. My AT boot is the Factor. It's solid, adequate for skinning and scrambling around but heavy. The 20 degree range of motion in walk mode is good but more is better.

I did Tuckerbrook last season and wouldn't mind a trip to Coppermine this year.