• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England and Goggles

SunshineSnowdream

Hello all!

Any opinions on what the best type of Goggles for riding for New England weather....

Meaning- Sunny, cloudy, a little bit of both in the same day!

Thanks for your input! :)

-Yaya

skiur

Flat light googles will be used 95% of the time. The only time I use darker googles are in the spring. Even on a sunny winter day in new england the angle of the winter sun makes flat light googles needed untill mid march.

Hawkshot99

Whatever fits your face/helmet shape. As for tint? There is no magical lens for all. I always have at least 2 pairs at the mtn with me.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

wa-loaf

Smith I/O's with changeable lenses have been my go to for the last few years.

BackLoafRiver

Smith I/O's with changeable lenses have been my go to for the last few years.

Ditto. I have 3 lenses that I always have with me: my Red Sensor Mirror, a Blue Sensor Mirror, and a Polarized Rose Copper. My Blues have been my "go to" for the season.

HowieT2

Anon M2. no offense to the Smith's, but I think swapping out the lens is much easier.

57stevey

I need RX, so for me it's Transitions Drivewear glasses under clear goggles. Hasn't failed me yet.

TheArchitect

I have I/OX goggles with two lenses, a Blue Sensor and Ignitor mirror. The Ignitor is almost never used.

BenedictGomez

How well do those magnetic lens switches work? Always wondered if they're more apt to fog up and/or leak etc....