• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

TheRabidMoose

New Member in Woodstock, CT

New member in Woodstock, CT. I'm all about hiking, trail running, skiing, climbing/mountaineering (rock and ice), cycling (road), and disc golf. Right now I'm working on training for a charity ride in August, probably the 50 miler, maybe longer depending on how things go. I'm just working on building up a base right now, taking in the scenery, and having fun. You know, staying in it for the long haul. I do this stuff for health and enjoyment, no false hopes about entering the Tour. It would be great to touch bases with some locals who feel the same way or who enjoy the other activities listed above.

Hi all,
Finally decided to join after lurking for too many years. Great site that has alot of info and humor! Brief history, I'm 52, from the Ocean state, and have been skiing since my folks started me in ski school at grade 4. Long time pass holder at Sunday River (home mountain)have skied out West in 3 different states totaling 16 different areas. Have also visited Canada and skied 3 areas. Gotta say I love Utah the most though!

David

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey skinowworklater, welcome! Yet another lurker comes out of the closet! You like Utah? Don't worry, I won't hold that against you! It's always fair game to pick on billski!

Welcome!

Hey skinowworklater, welcome! Yet another lurker comes out of the closet! You like Utah? Don't worry, I won't hold that against you! It's always fair game to pick on billski!

Welcome!

Thanks! Need this site and a few others as my Rx to make it thru the summer!

jimwhite

Howdy all!

I'm new here, hailing from the UK. I'm spending a few weeks around the white mountains national forest in new hampshire, plus a couple of other areas this summer, so I thought...why not join this fine forum!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Howdy all!

I'm new here, hailing from the UK. I'm spending a few weeks around the white mountains national forest in new hampshire, plus a couple of other areas this summer, so I thought...why not join this fine forum!

Cool, welcome to the forum! When are you traveling, what do you have planned? Need any tips or suggestions?

jimwhite

Hi Nick!

At the moment we just plan to trek around, camping as we go...just enjoying the amazing views! Any recommended spots would be appreciated for sure!

Thanks,
Jim

jimk

For some reason I couldn't get a post to stick in the Skiing on the Cheap thread, so I'll post a comment here.

Long time lurker. I mentioned the AlpineZone Skiing-on-the-Cheap thread in an article published recently on Epicski:
http://www.epicski.com/a/how-to-do-a-really-cheap-ski-trip
It's the least I could do since I stole a lot of ideas from you guys.
Keep up the legendary tightwaudacity. :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
For some reason I couldn't get a post to stick in the Skiing on the Cheap thread, so I'll post a comment here.

Long time lurker. I mentioned the AlpineZone Skiing-on-the-Cheap thread in an article published recently on Epicski:
http://www.epicski.com/a/how-to-do-a-really-cheap-ski-trip
It's the least I could do since I stole a lot of ideas from you guys.
Keep up the legendary tightwaudacity. :)

Hey Jim

Sorry I just approved your post, because of the link and your new membership on the site it flagged it for review :)

Hey guys, I am the Boston Bulldog. As a few of you know, I am from south of Boston and am a longtime Sunapee skier. I currently am a Junior at Bowdoin so that means one great college pass to Sunday River, saddleback and the Loaf.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys, I am the Boston Bulldog. As a few of you know, I am from south of Boston and am a longtime Sunapee skier. I currently am a Junior at Bowdoin so that means one great college pass to Sunday River, saddleback and the Loaf.

Welcome, again! The college passes are sweet! We have a lot of SR , Lpon, and Sugarloaf skiers on the board here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2