• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Mags

Off to Bretton Woods this weekend. May hit Wildcat / Attitash if they have any snow (Then I can use my season pass) Although that doesn't look to good right now.

Doing the SR bus trip with BSSC on 12/22 and Jay Peak on 12/29 - Anyone doing these?

lbioche

Hi my name is louie, I am 24, and I just moved to albany, NY for work. I am from so Cal and been skiing for 18 years. I like to surf, mountain bike, and climb as well. I look forward to this forum and hopefully find some people to go skiing with since I'm still new to the area.

Eriksack

Hi everyone I'm new here and was trying to find some info on the sugarloaf summit. Anyone know any details?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hi my name is louie, I am 24, and I just moved to albany, NY for work. I am from so Cal and been skiing for 18 years. I like to surf, mountain bike, and climb as well. I look forward to this forum and hopefully find some people to go skiing with since I'm still new to the area.
Welcome aboard Louie. Calif? hope your skis have some edges; they come in handy now and then here in the east! I'm happy to take day trippers on fairly short notice (well, I pick the day, but not the mountain); but you probably wouldn't want to ski with me, I'm more than 2x your age so I'm either 2x better or 2x worse than you. I suspect the later. There are also groups through meetup; You could also look at the Boston Ski and Sports Club, which runs buses weekly from beantown.

What kind of skiing/boarding do you enjoy? My club is doing a carpool day trip to Magic on 2/2/13

Lazer

Hi all, Happy Holidays! I'm just getting back into skiing. I'm looking for some tips on places to go that are close (2-3 hrs) from Boston. Thanks!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
??? Not sure what you mean by that...

Hi Cindi :)

Welcome to the boards. A little insight into our community: Scotty is a fun poster who mistypes many words, but is a genuinely nice guy.

I think he just meant a good place to start in the forums as a new member is our Skiing on the Cheap thread, which is a place where you can find lift ticket deals across the Northeast.

Welcome!

ScottySkis

Hi Cindi :)

Welcome to the boards. A little insight into our community: Scotty is a fun poster who mistypes many words, but is a genuinely nice guy.

I think he just meant a good place to start in the forums as a new member is our Skiing on the Cheap thread, which is a place where you can find lift ticket deals across the Northeast.

Welcome!
Exactly sorry if you mis understood.:)

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone, I'm Conrad from western Maine and I ski Shawnee Peak, Sunday River, Saddleback, and Sugarloaf a lot (mostly Sugarloaf and Sunday River this year because I have a season pass). I am a University of Maine at Farmington student so I will be skiing a lot on weekends. I am also a ski lift geek thanks to chairlift.org and other ski lift websites and I have a YouTube channel with some ski stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/conradmward

Recently, I have been getting involved with ski websites like AlpineZone. First came Nelsap which I read hundreds of their reports maybe several years ago. Then came chairlift.org which I really became interested in last winter. Following that came skimap.org which I posted hundreds of maps and still do post, although not at the rate I used to. After that came the French website remontees-mecaniques which has documented 4,468 ropeways around the world (and counting) and I am hoping to contribute some ski lift reports to them soon. By the way, that website is in French and I don't speak French, but I use a translator and it is enough to get by although it is far from perfect. Moving on, I became a member with Snow Journal forums which is similar to AlpineZone and it is all right, but not as active.

A few days ago, skiNEwhere sent me a message from his YouTube channel inviting me to join and telling me how he had posted one of my videos. I liked what I saw and finally joined when I finally had a chance to today.

I am really excited about joining and I hope to possibly meet some members on the slopes some days this season!

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone, I'm Conrad from western Maine and I ski Shawnee Peak, Sunday River, Saddleback, and Sugarloaf a lot (mostly Sugarloaf and Sunday River this year because I have a season pass). I am a University of Maine at Farmington student so I will be skiing a lot on weekends. I am also a ski lift geek thanks to chairlift(dot)org and other ski lift websites and I also have a YouTube channel with some ski stuff.

Recently, I have been getting involved with ski websites like AlpineZone. First came Nelsap which I read hundreds of their reports maybe several years ago. Then came chairlift(dot)org which I really became interested in last winter. Following that came skimap(dot)org which I posted hundreds of maps and still do post, although not at the rate I used to. After that came the French website remontees-mecaniques which has documented 4,468 ropeways around the world (and counting) and I am hoping to contribute some ski lift reports to them soon. By the way, that website is in French and I don't speak French, but I use a translator and it is enough to get by although it is far from perfect. Moving on, I became a member with Snow Journal forums which is similar to AlpineZone and it is all right, but not as active.

A few days ago, skiNEwhere sent me a message from his YouTube channel inviting me to join and telling me how he had posted one of my videos. I liked what I saw and finally joined when I finally had a chance to today.

I am really excited about joining and I hope to possibly meet some members on the slopes some days this season!

skiNEwhere

Hello everyone, I'm Conrad from western Maine and I ski Shawnee Peak, Sunday River, Saddleback, and Sugarloaf a lot (mostly Sugarloaf and Sunday River this year because I have a season pass). I am a University of Maine at Farmington student so I will be skiing a lot on weekends. I am also a ski lift geek thanks to chairlift(dot)org and other ski lift websites and I also have a YouTube channel with some ski stuff.

Recently, I have been getting involved with ski websites like AlpineZone. First came Nelsap which I read hundreds of their reports maybe several years ago. Then came chairlift(dot)org which I really became interested in last winter. Following that came skimap(dot)org which I posted hundreds of maps and still do post, although not at the rate I used to. After that came the French website remontees-mecaniques which has documented 4,468 ropeways around the world (and counting) and I am hoping to contribute some ski lift reports to them soon. By the way, that website is in French and I don't speak French, but I use a translator and it is enough to get by although it is far from perfect. Moving on, I became a member with Snow Journal forums which is similar to AlpineZone and it is all right, but not as active.

Hey Conrad, good to have you here! I've been to those websites as well, along with http://skilifts.org and http://www.lift-world.info/en as well, the lifts on the last site are mostly in Europe though.

FYI, there is an alpinezone meet coming up Feb 8-10 at da loaf. There is more info here http://forums.alpinezone.com/forumdisplay.php?35-AlpineZone-Summit (You might need 5 posts to see it-not sure) I'm gonna try to make it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to though

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Welcome Cindi and Conrad!
My $0.02: you are best to ignore half of what I write and laugh at the other half. Best to not to take me seriously.

Hey Conrad, do you only ski at areas beginning with a "S"? Let's see, you've missed Stowe and Sugarbush. hmmm, what else...

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
To skiNEwhere: I am definitely going to be at Sugarloaf at least one day February 9-10, but right now I am actually going to be skiing with someone from the website remontees-mecaniques who is from France but travels around the world...a complete coincidence!

To billski: Ha ha, no I don't always ski at ski areas that begin with "S.' Besides the ones listed above, I have been to Middlebury College Snowbowl once, Killington several times, Attitash several times, and Tuckerman's Ravine several times. Out west I have been to Arapahoe Basin once, Park City maybe half a dozen times, The Canyons once, and Snowbasin once. That is actually the complete list! However, tomorrow I will be visiting Cranmore for the first time so that will bring the total to 12 lift serviced ski areas (and Tuckerman's).

skiNEwhere

To skiNEwhere: I am definitely going to be at Sugarloaf at least one day February 9-10, but right now I am actually going to be skiing with someone from the website remontees-mecaniques who is from France but travels around the world...a complete coincidence!

To billski: Ha ha, no I don't always ski at ski areas that begin with "S.' Besides the ones listed above, I have been to Middlebury College Snowbowl once, Killington several times, Attitash several times, and Tuckerman's Ravine several times. Out west I have been to Arapahoe Basin once, Park City maybe half a dozen times, The Canyons once, and Snowbasin once. That is actually the complete list! However, tomorrow I will be visiting Cranmore for the first time so that will bring the total to 12 lift serviced ski areas (and Tuckerman's).

Where is your avatar from? That looks like a weird offspring of the South Ridge Triple (R.I.P)