• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New skiis for "out west"

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Shooshing would be the older style of skiing taught by euro instructors in the East. Like you said, skidding turns. As far as powdersking technique goes, your born-to-ski, son-of-a-patroler friend must be an amaizing skier, props to him, but it dosen't mean that he can bury his tips in heavy snow, as we sometimes get around here, and continue to fly down the hill.

Answer me this. Do you have alot of experience of fat skis (over 90mm at the waiste) ?

If your answer is no, then with all due respect, you just don't have enough experience to comment on their performance.

also, yes, skiing powder on skinny skis requires you to be in better shaper because it requires more work...i.e, harder or more difficult. I know this because I have skied both types of ski in every condition from 20+ inches of fresh light snow, to a foot of glop, to breakable crust, to hardpack. Again, if you haven't spend extensive time on fatties, you just don't know.