• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Sugarbush / Mad River Glen Message Board!

Greg

Staff member
Hello fellow AlpineZoners! I am pleased to announce the creation of a new online community dedicated to skiing Sugarbush and Mad River Glen, as well as life in the Mad River Valley overall:

SkiMRV.com

The popularity of "The Sugarbush Thread" and sites like KillingtonZone.com prompted this idea. With support from a group of AlpineZone Members, Sugarbush Resort, Mad River Glen, and the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce, I'm excited to announce this new Web community!

We will have an official press release to announce SkiMRV.com in the coming days, but I wanted to give AlpineZone members advanced notice. Feel free to register and actively participate in the forums. We certainly appreciate your help in getting this new community off the ground. Also, please feel free to spread the word of the new site to other MRV skiing enthusiasts!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Congrats!!! SB fans here in AZ have been waiting a long time for this. Just don't forget us here in AZ! :beer:

Treeskier

Sounds Great

Good job. Look forward to it!

Doing my snow dance in the mean time!

Lostone

For all that are interested in the Mad River Valley...

Drop on over! The forum is up and running.

We welcome all who have interest in Sugarbush, Mad River or the valley in general. Stop in and chat with the locals and those that want to be locals. :wink:

Thanx to Greg for getting this started.

The party is on! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Re: Indeed....thanks....

smootharc said:
....I am psyched for this...
Likewise. I think it's going to be a huge success. 500+ posts already...

Lostone

So how's the snow these days??

Well, if you'd asked this time last week, I'd have been effusive.

Now... We're in a rebuilding mode. :(

After a tough week where they were closed for 4 days, we are back to uploading and downloading. :( This would be easier to take if we hadn't had that beginning, and we were just at the start of the season, doing laps and getting the skis to work, but there was that beginning... :cry:

Drop over to the www.SkiMRV.com site and ask others that have been there.

Treeskier

Alpine zone account

Greg,

Tried to regester for the Sugarbush forum and kept getting bounced. Would not take my pass word. Plus I have a picture I would like to add and could not find where to put it. Feel free to contact me directly.

Greg

Staff member
The kind folks at the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce set up a VERY prominent link to SkiMRV.com on MadRiver.com! That should really help with the site's visibility and instantly provides some credibility. :D

NYDrew

Hey everyone,

I didn't want to sign up for the sugarbush forum, so I'm going to ask my question here.

I'm going up to sugarbush on saturday to thursday. Where are the hot party spots for an 18-22 year old crowd. I guess that would be two answers, the 18-20 and te 21-22.

Thanks a lot guys.

-Drew (maybe I'll get to meet some of you)

noski

NYDrew said:
Hey everyone,

I didn't want to sign up for the sugarbush forum, so I'm going to ask my question here.

I'm going up to sugarbush on saturday to thursday. Where are the hot party spots for an 18-22 year old crowd. I guess that would be two answers, the 18-20 and te 21-22.

Thanks a lot guys.

Guess you should have signed up at SkiMRV.com after all, huh? So what did you do? I am hoping you ski/ride really, really, really hard and are way too tired and sore to party hearty....because if it is hot nightlife you are looking for, you may have to find a different mountain. If it is awesome skiing/riding, outstanding food, and a relaxing vibe, then you picked the right destination.

Greg

Staff member
SkiMRV will soon be logging its 1,000th post! Thanks to all that have registered and participated! :beer:

djg21

NYDrew said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot guys.

Stratton?