• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NFL 2009 thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
After what I've seen the Jets do to very potent offenses in Houston and New England, I think they should be able to win 10 games, even with a rookie QB. The only glaring weakness is there ability to stop the run off guard. Then again, New England has perhaps the best left guard in the game in Mankins.

I'm still scratching my head as to why NE threw the ball 47 times when they were running the ball at 5 yards a shot. Timing was completely off in the passing game and NE is screwed when that happens. The ball is in the air prior to the WR's making their break and it seemed on every timing pattern either the WR didn't go to where the ball was thrown or Brady threw it to the wrong place. Not having Welker hurt NE badly. Rookie did well, but he didn't command the same safety respect as Wes. Result was the ability to roll a safety for double coverage on the strong side of the field most of the game or blitz a LB who would normally might have Wes for coverage responsibility in the flat.