• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NFL 2009 thread

drjeff

How bad is the traffic at the stadium these days? I haven't been to a game or Foxboro for that matter since pre-Gillete.

Does it still take HOURS to get out of the parking lot after the game?

Depends where you park. If you park in the actual lots at Gilllette, and aren't in the special permit only lots, and stay to the last few minutes, you'll very often run the real risk of spending a good hour or so just getting out of the lots onto Route 1.

If you park at one of the lots not affliated with Gillette along Route 1 and walk a bit further it's much easier + quicker in/out.

I usually park in a lot maybe 1/2 mile South of the Stadium on the West Side of Route 1. It's usualy 20-25 minute walk from where I park to my seats (near the Lighthouse). My usual rule of thumb is it will take me 2 hours from when I leave my seat until I get home (if there was no traffic and I drove to Gillette on a non game day it takes me just over an hour from my house) Last night I was 90 minutes from leaving my seat (and we stayed until maybe 5 minutes after the game ended) until I pulled into my driveway. The usual 25 minutes from seat to car, then in the car and made it onto Route 1 in maybe 2 minutes, got left as quick as I could since I don't have to get onto 495 heading home. Cruised all the way home, literally my quickest trip home ever from a Pats game!

deadheadskier

Staff member
What's the charge on the unaffiliated parking?

All of these questions come from attending a show at Great Woods earlier this summer. The show ended at 11:15. We walked straight to our car in an on site lot, which was 15 minutes given the cattle corral of people slowly moving out through the gates. From there, our car didn't move until 1:45 AM. So, 2.5 hours just to leave the venue.

There is one off site 'premier parking', which was $40 and affords quick exit. I will pay that in a heartbeat the next time I know I'm attending a sold out show.

Here's another question. Do they have the T up and running to the stadium? I know there were plans for it at one point. It might take a bit longer for me, but be less overall hassle and $$ to drive to a T commuter station along the way.

drjeff

What's the charge on the unaffiliated parking?

All of these questions come from attending a show at Great Woods earlier this summer. The show ended at 11:15. We walked straight to our car in an on site lot, which was 15 minutes given the cattle corral of people slowly moving out through the gates. From there, our car didn't move until 1:45 AM. So, 2.5 hours just to leave the venue.

There is one off site 'premier parking', which was $40 and affords quick exit. I will pay that in a heartbeat the next time I know I'm attending a sold out show.

Here's another question. Do they have the T up and running to the stadium? I know there were plans for it at one point. It might take a bit longer for me, but be less overall hassle and $$ to drive to a T commuter station along the way.

The lot I'm in gets $50 a car :eek: ($60 for playoff games) which I believe is the same as the lots @ Gilllette.

They do have the T up and running to Gillette on game days. Drops you off on the Northeast side of the Stadium, maybe 200/250 yards from the entry gate next to the Patriots Pro Shop and The Hall at Patriot Place (the Patriots Hall of Fame)

4aprice

I'm going to that game next week, I can't wait. J.E.T.S. Jets! Jets! Jets! Hopefully the Jets pull it off, I'm going with the wife who is a Pats fan so it will be fun taunting each other at the game. I hope I get the last taunt but I usually don't.

Buffalo woke the sleeping giant last night. I just don't think the Jets are there yet. Houston was not the Pats. The Jets schedule is brutal and their own division is pretty good. It's going to be tough to get 6 wins. Keep the kid healthy and start to climb from here.

Anyone else here enjoy the older uniforms? Love the Patriot in the 3 point stance. They showed on TV several old Patrioits being honored. Was Steve Grogan there? I either missed it or they didn't show it.

Believe it or not even though I'm a Jets fan, as soon as they fall out of contention I root for the Pats. (love seeing Boston teams win)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Geoff

The lot I'm in gets $50 a car :eek: ($60 for playoff games) which I believe is the same as the lots @ Gilllette.

They do have the T up and running to Gillette on game days. Drops you off on the Northeast side of the Stadium, maybe 200/250 yards from the entry gate next to the Patriots Pro Shop and The Hall at Patriot Place (the Patriots Hall of Fame)

I have friends who live about 2 miles from the stadium. They just run me to the back side of Rodman Ford. No Route 1 at all.

drjeff

Buffalo woke the sleeping giant last night. I just don't think the Jets are there yet. Houston was not the Pats. The Jets schedule is brutal and their own division is pretty good. It's going to be tough to get 6 wins. Keep the kid healthy and start to climb from here.

Anyone else here enjoy the older uniforms? Love the Patriot in the 3 point stance. They showed on TV several old Patrioits being honored. Was Steve Grogan there? I either missed it or they didn't show it.

Believe it or not even though I'm a Jets fan, as soon as they fall out of contention I root for the Pats. (love seeing Boston teams win)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Grogan wasn't there last night. Last night was the 50th Anniversary Team, and Brady was the QB for that "team". Grogan was selected as the QB for the 70's and 80's all decade team. Biggest ovations for non-active players last night were for Bruschi, Ben Coates, Rodney Harrison, Troy Brown and John Hannah. Pretty cool IMHO.

Also, I quickly toured the Hall at Patriots Place (the Patriots Hall of Fame) on Sunday with my kids. And if given a chance to go check it out, any Pats Fan should, really neat stuff and the interactive displays are GREAT!

powbmps

Preseason was $40 for parking at the stadium. Not sure if it goes up for regular season games.

Just had to cut and paste this from a comment on nbcsports.com:

"It was great to see Tom Brady suddenly realize with 5 minutes left in the game that he is Tom Fricken Brady, and there are two things that Tom Fricken Brady does, and that's bang hot women, and throw touch downs, and he was all out of hot women."

:-D

ERJ-145CA

I've been to Gillette twice and the old Foxboro stadium once. I remember parking somewhere and walking far but it was quick to get out, must have been one of those private lots. Gillette's a great stadium, I can't wait to see the new Jets-Giants stadium or whatever the corporate name is going to be. Parking at Giants stadium is $20, we'll see what happens next year.

PA Ridge Racer

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Although I'm still excited over the win last night, I'm not as excited that they couldn't finish drives earlier in the game. I'm hoping that wears off next week.

And yes, it was AWESOME seeing them play in the old uniforms. The new and old Patriot symbols are 2 of the best in all of sports IMO.

PA Ridge Racer

Grogan wasn't there last night. Last night was the 50th Anniversary Team, and Brady was the QB for that "team". Grogan was selected as the QB for the 70's and 80's all decade team. Biggest ovations for non-active players last night were for Bruschi, Ben Coates, Rodney Harrison, Troy Brown and John Hannah. Pretty cool IMHO.

NICE...They showed some but not much of the 50th anniversary stuff on TV. Although probably not, but was there any mention of Drew Bledsoe? He had his moments especially in '96 when he lead that team to the AFC crown and maybe would have won the Superbowl if it wasn't for Desmond Howard. I think I owned 3 or 4 Bledsoe jerseys during his tenure. :smile: Kind of a shame how his career wound up after he left the Pats.

drjeff

no Jerrod Mayo for a half season...........not good. best player on that side of the ball.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/09/mayo_has_sprain.html

Linebacking core is a joke without him currently. Ring, Ring, um yeah, Teddy? we still have your locker open. Teddy is the new Roman Pfifer / Seau

I'd bet that a Seau or Bruschi call has already been made! Let's just hope that Mayo heals quickly and well, and then has a MONSTER 2nd 1/2 of the season!

HD333

I'd bet that a Seau or Bruschi call has already been made! Let's just hope that Mayo heals quickly and well, and then has a MONSTER 2nd 1/2 of the season!

Hopefully he can get back by the Miami game after the bye week and roll from then on out.

I don't see Bruschi coming back, if that was in the cards I don't think he would have "got retired" before the season started, he would have been placed on the PUP and brought back by week 6. Never say never though.

Tough game this weekend the J-E-T-S D looked good last week.

HD

deadheadskier

Staff member
WEEI mentioned two other possibilities

Derrek Brooks and Zach Thomas. I think Zach would be the better fit.

2knees

tough day for pats fans and steeler fans alike.

didnt see any of the pats game but listened to the end on the way home from a little hike. Caught the 4th quarter of the steeler game. wish i hadnt.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I said it another thread, but the performance of the defensive secondary of the Jets was the best I have seen in a LONG time. Best secondary in the NFL. Run D, not as good. If the Jets don't suck in December like they typically do, they'll be a playoff team.

Beetlenut

WTF is it with all the drops? Brady looked,... average like C-. This is going to be a long year if the D can't stop 3rd and 13!!

4aprice

If the Jets don't suck in December like they typically do, they'll be a playoff team.

Ah December is a long way away. I'm upping my prediction to 8 wins. 0-2 Tenn, also looking for pay back as the Jets ruined their undefeated season last year, not gonna be easy. Jets schedule on the back end of the season has some promise (easier foes). Still expecting a thud at some point.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ