• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

OH CRAP!!!....... they are opening a 5 Guys Burgers and fries in my town

deadheadskier

Staff member
no doubt a great burger for a chain. I think B.Good in Boston is better for a small chain. Independent fast food Burger joints, Tasty Burger and Uburger in Boston are also better.

bvibert

Staff member
I wasn't aware that they had Cajun fries at 5 Guys... Their regular fries are awesome though. I'd rather eat all the fries and leave some burger behind if I wasn't going to finish everything (not likely). It's a good thing that there isn't one nearby!

o3jeff

I wasn't aware that they had Cajun fries at 5 Guys... Their regular fries are awesome though. I'd rather eat all the fries and leave some burger behind if I wasn't going to finish everything (not likely). It's a good thing that there isn't one nearby!

looks like you will have to make the trip to try the cajun fries soon!

o3jeff

Not sure about other locations but when we had the cajun fries they were too heavy on the spices...and I enjoy spicy fries.

Like any place with fries, it all depends on the kid at the oil pit. I've had them come out good and also ok.

wa-loaf

I've had one. Just seemed like a really greasy burger to me.

ctenidae

no doubt a great burger for a chain. I think B.Good in Boston is better for a small chain. Independent fast food Burger joints, Tasty Burger and Uburger in Boston are also better.

B. Good is beter. Wasn't impressed with Uburger- seems very similar, in retrospect, to 5 Guys.

Haven't managed to get around to 5 Napkin, seems a little hifalutin' for a burger joint.
Still love a bruger at R F O'Sullivan's, though.

drjeff

B. Good is beter. Wasn't impressed with Uburger- seems very similar, in retrospect, to 5 Guys.

Haven't managed to get around to 5 Napkin, seems a little hifalutin' for a burger joint.
Still love a bruger at R F O'Sullivan's, though.

Got to take a nice close look at the 5 Napkin just outside of Colpey/The Pru on Saturday as I was sitting in traffic exiting the Mass Pike on my way to the Red Sox/Rangers Game. Looked mighty tasty, almost made my business partner who I was going to the game with roll the window of my car down to try and get a wiff of cooking cow! Heck, if we weren't already running late for the game, convincing us to walk the opposite way out of the parking garage we parked in towards 5 Napkin instead of Fenway likely wouldn't have been too tough! :lol: Then again there's also a new Capital Grille on Dalton Street across from The Summer Shack that just opened up too. I'm guessing that we could have gotten a mighty fine piece of grilled cow there too! :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
5 Napkin does look awesome indeed.

I will probably never eat there due to it's location though. If I happen to be walking up that street, the Brasserie Jo Duck Confit Vortex sucks me in every time.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Now that I've had Plan B burgers in Simsbury, 5 Guys has been ruined for me. Can't believe my MIL thinks 5 Guys is better! They're apples and oranges! In the 6 months I've been working in Simsbury, I've gone to 5 Guys for lunch maybe twice... and Plan B. I can't even count.

playoutside

I don't eat burgers more than once/month...but it looks like I have hit most of these small chains....
Not a fan of 5 guys...the mountain of fries is just obscene and the burger is nothing special.
5 Napkin is pretty darn good...although they use a fairly lean meat so the burger can be dry. They have these awesome rosemary fries...yum...maybe the best fries I've had
B.Good is a pretty good burger...i like that it is locally sourced ingredients. The fries are good if eaten there, gross if taken out. I think they are baked not fried.
Fat Burger (not sure they have made it to NE yet) is pretty good. Made to order burger. Much better prep than 5 guys. A bit like In-n-out burger, but not sure they have as high quality ingredients.

Mpdsnowman

Lol about a month ago I told one of my sons to go get some burgers for dinner...I figured BK value menu...Mcd's Dollar menu..Im lookin good..I give em 5 bucks. Im thinkin..at least three burgers one way or another.

He comes back with this awesome burger. It was great! Had all the stuff I wanted on it. I said "hey this is good where did you get this" He says " 5 guys, right behind Wegmans (food store). He then says...Ohhh btw...you owe me $2.85 more lol...

Its definitely better than a junk burger but im partial to junk food lol

ScottySkis

I don't eat burgers more than once/month...but it looks like I have hit most of these small chains....Not a fan of 5 guys...the mountain of fries is just obscene and the burger is nothing special. 5 Napkin is pretty darn good...although they use a fairly lean meat so the burger can be dry. They have these awesome rosemary fries...yum...maybe the best fries I've hadB.Good is a pretty good burger...i like that it is locally sourced ingredients. The fries are good if eaten there, gross if taken out. I think theyp are baked not fried.Fat Burger (not sure they have made it to NE yet) is pretty good. Made to order burger. Much better prep than 5 guys. A bit like In-n-out burger, but not sure they have as high quality ingredients.
I agree their burgers are better then Mc D and B. King but a good Wendy's burger i take over 5 guys.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Don't do burger places on a regular basis, have tried 5guys 2 or 3 times. Prefer Burger king. Usually, just prefer to put a beef patty from Whole Food on my charcoal grill, can't be beat that meat.

ScottySkis

Don't do burger places on a regular basis, have tried 5guys 2 or 3 times. Prefer Burger king. Usually, just prefer to put a beef patty from Whole Food on my charcoal grill, can't be beat that meat.
Thanks I think try that whole foods burger for bbq, you still live in south westchester county their is great organic burger joint in near Port Chester called Elevation Burger they say all their food is from Colorado and they good vanilla shakes to, its buy shopping center with cvs and lenny bagels, i think it's technicaly in Rye Brook. http://www.yelp.com/biz/elevation-burger-rye-brook

Last edited: